Page 214 of 228 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

how do you build bridges to people who dont want to build bridges?

we'd like politics to calm down, but trump and his supporters are not interested in calming down.

gonna be a wild 3 months.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

That whole "collaboration" thing is horseshit.

GoP polticians have no intention of collaborating. AOC hit the nail on the head after the supreme court confirmation: "Republicans do this because they don*t believe Dems have the stones to play hardball like they do, and for a long time they*ve been correct."

Biden's speech was just proof that they're right. It was a green light to Moscow Mitch to walk all over his administration.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Then it is the court of public opinion. There are some that as the light fades on the term of trump, the GOP will see they have to play with the left to get anything done themselves. True, they don't have to, playing a waiting game for midterm elections, but Biden knows where some of the bodies are buried at, and the i believe that the longer the corruption of trump fades, the more they can be their normal self-serving selves.

I am an optimist on this. I have hopes and dreams that the boogeyman is gone and someone of strong will can push through some of the reforms necessary for healthcare, the environment, the trade deals, the economic stability and of course the keystone, covid.

we can only move forward one of two ways:

1. if GOP holds no power. we need the president, the house and the senate, and not a wildly stacked against us court. we could possibly take the senate in the runoffs in GA, but i wouldnt bet on it. then of course, biden has to be president, which, while probably will happen, the GOP and trump and his supreme court are working really fucking hard to steal. and speaking of the court, its going to be wildly hard to get anything like the necessary reforms past this supreme court.

2. the GOP gives up on trump and come to the table to talk and compromise and govern like adults.

this flat out isnt happening.

arguably the country is in a more dangerous position than before the election. as we know now that trump lost, but him, the GOP and his supporters are showing they had no respect for democracy or the election in the first place. this is when they turn really fascist. this is when the gloves really come off. you thought ramming through a supreme court justice with less than 2 years experience, in less than 30 days was bad ... the desperation and insane things they will do now is flatly not imaginable. they are going to try and ram through a second set of electors, they are going to not respect the electoral college, they are going to find some judge somewhere to swear in trump as president anyway (all you need is a federal judge).

its going to get really wild now. trump's never lost before. he's never lost because he always doubles down. the GOP isnt going to give up anytime soon either. i would fall out of my chair, and eat my own hair if trump concedes and admits he lost.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-09-2020 at 05:49 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

the attorney general involved now.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    the attorney general involved now.
    Surprised it took that long to get Trump's lapdog involved.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

70 days and trump & co are doing a full blown sorched earth, burn all bridges, take the constitution and twist it up to the breaking point. As well as the do as i say, not as i do policy on asking/demanding that Clinton to concede in 2016 after the media called it, but rail against the dems assking for a concession, especially over the near identical if not worse margins on the votes.

Why is it the worst possibilities that the media portrays pale to the real life shocking turn of events?

This is the most interesting time we are living in

worst possible timeline.

washington post reporting the USPS guy claiming voter fraud admits it was fake now. and the new york times reporting that they called every single state and talked with there election people and no one, anywhere, has any evidence of voter fraud.

Due to the recent failure of Proud Boy Chairman Enrique Tarrio to conduct himself with honor and courage on the battlefield, it has been decided that I Kyle Chapman reassume my post as President of Proud Boys effective immediately. Our logo will forthwith be changed to reflect the core beliefs of Proud Boy members.

We will no longer cuck to the left by appointing token negroes as our leaders. We will no longer allow homosexuals or other 'undesirables' into our ranks. We will confront the Zionist criminals who wish to destroy our civilization.

We recognize that the West was built by the White Race alone and we owe nothing to any other race.
    Proud boys coming out of the closet as true white nationalists. ?Good people.?

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Proud boys coming out of the closet as true white nationalists. ?Good people.?
    Ikr? Well since their national exposure ,why not get rid of the subterfuge and ambiguous leanings and just come out and say it?

Personally, as much as trump will tear down all facets of the government in the world's biggest temper tantrum, there is an end in site. The judges are unequivocally throwing out all the court cases, and i have heard that any more cases could fall into malicious prosecutions, which looses any and all faith to his cases. The closer the states get to making the vote counts official, the less and less trump has a leg to stand on. So while it makes no sense and only further drags the process of transition further & further out. It will mean that trump will leave, definitively.

Though, i really have waffled back and forth on whether or not the federal government should go after trump. Ex-president, what it would look like to the world, all the bad things that it would show, but i have come to the conclusion that the federal government should do it. Not only would the cases show that when we talk of justice to the world, that the US can even do that to themselves, meaning we made a mistake backing this corrupt individual and thus, like any other citizen, that he will pay the price for his actions. It is not only fair to the people, but also fair to the office that, actions have consequences, that the president is beholden to the people and the presidency is not for the corrupt manipulation of greed & power. Only then, this will end, hopefully deflating the idea of trump to the masses