Page 225 of 228 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    is it remarkable?

its just fascism guys. its not remarkable.
    We've long suspected it, but it's really starting to feel like there was some pretty serious criminal activity going on and they're wetting the bed.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

if republicans controlled both the house and senate, im sure we would see a trump second term.

and why stop there? with a trump appointed supreme court, there is no telling what would happen.

every two years we are going to go through this, from now on, if the republicans get both houses of congress, democracy is probably over in the USA.

they are just fascists. it really is that simple.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Its more a loyalty test, as trump is the head of the party and has energized the base with fascist fervor. So, in 2022, 2024 or 2026, that base is going to be used for those elections as long as trump is around. For as much as you can hate trump, he has the fascist checkmarks of being charasmatic to his people, fascism or not.

But, the SCOTUS has not played into the trump game. That is the one thing that is the wildcard. In the 2 cases, the SCOTUS did dismiss them, when most would have at least heard the arguments and dragged feet as much as possible to not be a factor, yet they didn't do that, nor the lesser courts, which had trump appointed justices. So while stacking the court was the power play to insure everything, the justices didn't play politics and took a big ol'dump on his desk.

So, while trump's health isn't that good, i really doubt that he would last another 8 years, seriously, he is a massive big mac attack from pushing up golden diasies. But even then, if this recent call to Raffensperger, and/or the civil charges in NY, Md, Va, and now Ga go through, even on the state level, that might preclude him from being able to run. And from that, if the deep truth comes out on how far the corruption goes, i.e. trancing some money back to possibly russian heads of state, then it is actually possible to impeach trump again to legally prevent him from being able to run ever again.

I know, a super longshot and would take a bunch of reps finding a backbone and biting the hand that fed them, but you never know. Those corruption charges could have a greater effect than his actual impeachment trial. Or the GOP is tired of his rantings in the 2 years to the next midterms, so they themselves would distance themselves from him, since he is a cancer.

We just need to get through the next 2 weeks with our sanity, intact. After 12:01PM, we can then sort of the rest.

both dem senators from GA are going to over perform compared to joe biden.

today, mike pence and mitch will put the final nails in any legal attempts to overturn the presidential.

gonna be a lot of melted brains on the republican side. DC is gonna burn.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    today, mike pence and mitch will put the final nails in any legal attempts to overturn the presidential.
    Hasn't so far. I really dislike McConnell, but credit where credit is due, at least he's making a public statement on this.

https://www.axios.com/mcconnell-elec...ae45c0acc.html
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

Well a fascist rally happened.

Some where armed. 1 was shot when facing off with the capital's security for congress.

They have broken into the capitol building, during a joint session.

Domestic terrorism being front page.

The trump arson show is just beginning.

Any bets on the FBI arresting trump for terroristic insurrection?

i mean this is how fascism will always end. there is no peaceful end to fascism. it can only end in violence.

maybe this can be a learning moment for all of us.

a young woman is likely dead already, and we are only 3 hours in this coup.

Children with guns in schools, now children with guns on capitol hill.

I've posted this a couple of times already, but it seems particularly poignant today.

Not a Tea Party, a Confederate Party

Now the country waits to see if the GoP exorcises its cancer from the Whitehouse (and Congress). The upcoming impeachment votes will be interesting.

Currently, the blowhards and rhetoric have been expelled from the congress, to realize that this was no game. Trump never played the same games or by the same rules because he chose not to. Congress as a whole, hopefully learned that.