Page 226 of 228 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Currently, the blowhards and rhetoric have been expelled from the congress, to realize that this was no game. Trump never played the same games or by the same rules because he chose not to. Congress as a whole, hopefully learned that.
    I wouldn't count on it.

What a pathetic day for American history. All of this over a gaudy, two-bit real estate con man.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 01-06-2021 at 09:12 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I was talking about those that are being paid to be there, but i made my call before Josh Hawley spoke and is intent on continuing with the charade. Keep the delusional dream alive is he!

Oh, I know who you were referring to.

Trump will be condemned ?in the strongest possible manner? but left in office, and Ted Cruz may even continue his charade (although perhaps sheepishly). He can*t admit that the whole effort was the most cynical, destructive power grab he could muster.

The GoP can?t outright reject these people. Georgia is what happens when they do.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 01-06-2021 at 11:54 PM.

The objection towards Pennsylvania is going on yet it is perfunctory as even if the senate were to disenfranchise Pa entirely, it won't change anything. It is the last loyalty test left to show that the maga fascists won't go after them first. The house representatives are keeping the lie going. Either they hope the message anoits them in the fascist movement or they do no understand what happened today or the ramifications of such acts.

So the question is, is trump sane enough to know that the Georgia call was asking for criminal acts or is he insane enough to use the 25th amendment to remove truml till after the inauguration to handicap the powers that trump can do? Which would tbrow the other civil and state lawsuits into question, but would also end any more political aspirations.

MAGA machine is in full on panic mode trying to blame antifa or anyone else for the failed coup.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

A YouGov Direct poll of 1,397 registered voters who had heard about the event finds that most (62%) voters perceive these actions as a threat to democracy. Democrats (93%) overwhelmingly see it this way, while most (55%) Independents also agree. Among Republicans, however, only a quarter (27%) think this should be considered a threat to democracy, with two-thirds (68%) saying otherwise.

In fact, many Republicans (45%) actively support the actions of those at the Capitol, although as many expressed their opposition (43%).
    https://today.yougov.com/topics/poli...tol-trump-poll

Weird how 45% of Republicans support antifa.

We*d better give them a day or two to figure out their narrative.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    https://today.yougov.com/topics/poli...tol-trump-poll

Weird how 45% of Republicans support antifa.

We*d better give them a day or two to figure out their narrative.
    Oh, I didn't realize Matt Gaetz was actually accusing antifa in the halls of congress.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...tz-trump-riot/

By narrative I meant lies. Have to give the Party of Personal Responsibility? a few days to straighten out their lies to shirk responsibility.

Apparently Parler is a shit show right now, with half of the users blaming antifa and the other half posting pictures they took inside the capitol.

I... don't really want to open Parler to check, though.

it takes the conservative machine about 10 days to 2 weeks to reset and resettle onto a cohesive narrative. they are busy as work with that right now.
    for what its worth, i know of two people that this actually seems to have changed there minds. remember the 24 hours after the bleach comments where they were trying to rationalize how it was 5d chess to think of bringing disinfectant into the body to cure covid19 ... before trump issued a retraction?

but yeah, im also seeing most republicans stand up for it and defend it, comparing it to BLM protests. as if burning down a target and breaking into a 1997 saturn SL2 on the side of the road is equal or worse than you know, attempting to stop congress from certifying the election for biden. im glad they are so fucked up they seem to think breaking a few parked car windows and an autozone is more important than american democracy.

they are fascists, it really is that simple. and the only thing fascists understand is violence. it was always going to end in violence.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 01-07-2021 at 01:01 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

It seems like it is the #notmetoo movement for Republicans. It seems like white people don't act this way, that those people were antifa posing as maga loving trumpers, im a literal false flag, because they were waving flags. I was reading what foxnews(more the 3 idiots- carlson, hannity & Ingham) were saying about it and of course they have to put their spin upon it. Which is as hotrrible an idea than the actual coup attempt.

While there are some that will legitimately distance themselves, there are also those windchimes like Lindsay Graham who go whichever direction the wind blows to keep in good gracious of public opinion. That is worse, because it won't ever stop the next "leader" that grows a cult of personality, that the is no accountability for anyone's actions.