Page 228 of 228 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228
Results 2,271 to 2,276 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    "I wasn't being flippant," he says flippantly.
    just because you are now realizing i was right, and are mad about it, doesn't make what i said previously any less right.

ie -> you attempt to attack my 'tone' is a classic case in "yup, you were right"
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Gordon, after years of animosity we are having conversations without any sort of agendas or hatred, or vitriol. Don't go throwing that away over a pety "i was right all along" mantra. Let's put aside pety differences and look at thr bigger picture.

maybe this could be a learning opportunity that rather than meeting my arguments with vitrol, only to learn later they are spot on, people could start with "huh, yeah, let me think about that"

nah. blame gordon again for pointing out he was right 2 fucking years ago. that will fix it!
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Or, like usual, no matter what the message is, it can get lost in the "well, he's off in his own world, nobody else can possibly have a valid point of view, so why even bother having a discussion with him". You go from "I'm right" to "you're dumb because you can't see that I'm right" to "you're racist/fascist/etc" to swearing mixed in with all of the above. Oh, and let's not forget "I'm declaring victory because your opinions and views are invalid because they're not exactly mine".

How many years in and you haven't figured out that how you say things can be more important than what you're saying. But yeah, it's the rest of the world that's got is entirely wrong, the whole interacting with people bit.

Here's an unrelated point to ponder for the frequenters of this thread. What would the feeling be if it were suddenly shut down?

Ignore him, he's completely insufferable. Someone hurt him as a child.

If he were actually concerned about allyship he'd know it isn't a dick-measuring contest between a few white dudes.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Here's an unrelated point to ponder for the frequenters of this thread. What would the feeling be if it were suddenly shut down?
    It's an echo chamber at this point anyway.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon