Page 38 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    The assumption being that a vast majority of whites give them less...
    Not a lot of assumption involved.

Not sure how you can say it's dying with boomers given the demographics of the alt-right.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Wow this has really devolved.

PBJosh, a few pages back, that is an interesting opinion by Mona Charon, who unfortunately has a biased base like most people though. I would counter that with a different opinion and here is my logic behind it.

I would like to put a face on White Supremacy, call it the KKK. Back then the Klan voted for Democrats, we dont know who exactly was a member and how exactly they voted but I would hope we can agree that it seems logical that they would side with the party that pushed for laws and regulations that benefited white people at the time.

Recently the Klan has been voting republican in my opinion, based off of recent articles about them supporting republican candidates. In my opinion that seems that the racists have switched teams, whether the republicans wanted their support or not, they have it from what I can tell, which leads me to believe that not every Republican is a White Supremacist but I would be willing to believe that every White Supremacist is a Republican.

Now with the Haidt example again I really dont understand how he can develop such a pie chart, I read up a little on what he was doing and it seemed to be a rating system based on a series of questions. To me he is trying to make correlations from something that has way too many variables to ever be accurate. How can one truly quantify data like that and try to make it a hard fact? It doesn't even make sense in the current scope of how we define the party lines. The Democrats are supposed to be "Liberals" or "Progresives" I guess from the graph yet the "Conservative" or Republican party generally yells about the government taking liberties from them while the graphs that have the larger slices of Liberty in them are not complaining about it. The model does not seem to fit correctly with the current political environment, I cannot personally see how this theory is useful right now.

And to everyone preaching that racism dies with the boomer's, I think that way of thinking is way too wishful. The boomer's had kids, who they raised, and hold similar values as their parent before them. Racism like most things will be passed down. If you look at that rally in the Carolinas, I did not see many boomer era people, as one example of this being wishful thinking. Racism will be an issue probably forever, I hate to say it but it is almost a natural thing bread from human competition and stereotypes. Stereotypes are usually easy statements made to highlight the difference between cultures, many people not knowing how to interact with someone will resort to stereotyping to try and be better then the other person, it isn't a smart way to try and win at whatever you are trying to do but it is an easy out to help someone feel superior or to make a judgement before they interact with someone, and that is something that I cant see changing really until we are all one completely homogeneously mixed race and culture, which is still a ways off.

White knights are dumb. How about personal accountability instead of making sweeping generalizations about an ethnic group, including whites? A sweeping generalization that changes the standard is the very definition of racism. I don't owe minorities anything more than I owe women or other white males.
    sweepin generalization: 70% of whites.

no seriously .... what is wrong with white culture?

if any other culture voted for a self-admitted man in his 30s who dated teen girls, we would seriously be asking what is wrong with that culture. and we would be justifiably correct in doing so. 70% of white people had no problem voting for a man who has admitted to dating teenage girls, while being 30+ years old.

but white people - "don't generalize us"

well white people, stop being fucking morons in droves. any argument about morality from the right wing starts with telling roy moore and everyone who voted for him or supported him, were fucking terrible people. until then, you don't have the high ground, and never will. you can bitch and moan about liberals immorality all you want, but it falls on deaf ears, and no one with two braincells gives a shit until you clean up your own house.

here is how morality starts: don't date teenage girls when you are in your 30s. k. lets start with some common ground.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 12-26-2017 at 09:49 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

You don't define the moral high ground. Based on your hostility towards anyone who offers an opposing opinion, I'd say you seem to be a pretty bigoted individual. Bigoted people are generally terrible people.

It's amazing how you turn party loyalty into race baiting. 70% of white people could vote for one white guy or another white guy. Cool. Racism. Yeah, not a race issue. Where's the minority democrat candidate? He was a white male...? Oh.

You don't define the moral high ground. Based on your hostility towards anyone who offers an opposing opinion, I'd say you seem to be a pretty bigoted individual. Bigoted people are generally terrible people.

It's amazing how you turn party loyalty into race baiting. 70% of white people could vote for one white guy or another white guy. Cool. Racism. Yeah, not a race issue. Where's the minority democrat candidate? He was a white male...? Oh.
    and now comes the "you just think you are right" argument.

k.

either you think its ok for a 30+ your old man to date teenagers, or you don't.

pick a side. my tone has literally nothing to do with the issue at hand. its a dodge argument, to distract from the point at hand. if you can't take a stand on dating teenagers, then you really need to examine your moral compass.

70% of white people, self selected themselves to be counted as roy moore supporters. i didn't label them, they choose for themselves who and what to be counted in support of. i can't be blamed for stating that fact.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 12-26-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

No. You're creating a REALLY bad false dilemma. You said it was a race issue. It isn't. Maybe the voters' perspective is dating teenage daughters is more of an individual shortcoming, but the policies he supports are better. In fact, since it's politics, that's almost certainly the way it works. Ted Kennedy drove a car off a bridge and let a woman drown, then didn't notify authorities. So, you can play the same stupid game with his (immoral) voters. Neither have anything to do with race.

No. You're creating a REALLY bad false dilemma. You said it was a race issue. It isn't. Maybe the voters' perspective is dating teenage daughters is more of an individual shortcoming, but the policies he supports are better. In fact, since it's politics, that's almost certainly the way it works. Ted Kennedy drove a car off a bridge and let a woman drown, then didn't notify authorities. So, you can play the same stupid game with his (immoral) voters. Neither have anything to do with race.
    no, i said its a moral issue. josh and going home were stroking each other off to the notion that liberals are immoral because they cannot deal with the tears of white men feeling persecuted and inadequate. i say boo hoo, grow a pair.

i only bring up the roy moore situation, because it shows how false the narrative of white morality is. 70% of them knew full well he dated teenage girls when he was in his 30s (and almost certainly sexually assaulted them), but voted for him anyway. this makes them terrible people. this makes the narrative that the right wing is the moral center of the country utterly and completely false. and yes, for 40 years they have made claim to the moral high ground, and now we are seeing the utter rot that right wing truly morally is.

A terrible person can be a decent politician. Voting for a platform =/= condoning personal actions.

A terrible person can be a decent politician. Voting for a platform =/= condoning personal actions.
    So if he's got good policies and is a decent politician I take it you agree with his actions on same sex marriage?
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

The statement stands on either side of the political aisle, see Ted Kennedy above. I also never said I support Roy Moore or his policies.

As far as my personal opinion, I don't really care what 2 (or possibly more) consenting adults choose to do. My reasons for my own orientation may be predicated on my moral worldview, but I don't feel the need to push that on others.