Page 77 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Politics

That was a busy day. Trump's personal assistant will probably land on his feet while the DHS investigation is pending, as Trump hired him to work on the 2020 Presidential campaign.

I thought this was a very good read on School Shootings from Maggie Koerth-Baker, one of my favorite journalists at 538: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-hard-to-stop/
    Last edited by Unfated33; 03-14-2018 at 10:48 AM. Reason: clarified the link topic as the link gets chopped off in display

I don't really know if these guys could get slimier.

"Our committee was not charged with answering the collusion idea," Conaway said on NBC's "Meet The Press."

"So we really weren't focused on that direction."
    When asked if he regrets that the committee attempted to draw a conclusion on whether the Russians colluded with the Trump campaign, Conaway denied that the committee drew a conclusion at all.

"What we said is we found no evidence of it," he said. "That's a different statement. We found no evidence of collusion."
    Translation: "We made a public statement saying we found no evidence of this thing we didn't look for, because the GoP needed something for the media and Trump's twitter account."

http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-t...gate-collusion
    Last edited by PBSteve; 03-18-2018 at 03:51 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

http://www.kansascity.com/news/polit...206025749.html

"This whole case has been a knee slapper. They read a list of names off, asking which ones "sounded foreign" as [the commission] were striking 'foreign sounding' names off the voter rolls. He pointed to a single name, only to be informed that that was the name of a Federal Judge who works in the building they were all standing in."

I wonder if, now that it has been demonstrated in a court of law, conservatives will recognize this whole thing as racist horseshit at best the product of complete ignorance, at worst intentionally designed to disenfranchise minority voters.

Probably both.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

Insider
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/22/1...-chevron-exxon

The goalposts are not even in the same zip code anymore.

No you see, these companies with tens of billions of dollars annually on the line are idiots. They don't have the advise of scientists as smart as Josh, and clearly they're just being duped by the climate science community.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-wa...ng-court-fight

Apparently the courts have to force the GoP to hold legally mandated elections.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    http://thehill.com/homenews/state-wa...ng-court-fight

Apparently the courts have to force the GoP to hold legally mandated elections.
    welcome to republican paradise.

remember, all dictators won an election before they became dictators.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Last edited by PBSteve; 04-01-2018 at 02:45 AM.

So now that we've slashed taxes on the assumption that massive growth will offset the cuts, who's ready to intentionally trigger the next recession with a trade war?

It's unbelievable to watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    So now that we've slashed taxes on the assumption that massive growth will offset the cuts, who's ready to intentionally trigger the next recession with a trade war?

It's unbelievable to watch this.
    remember, 40% of the country is applauding this shit show.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.