Page 98 of 228 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    No Gordon. You're the one taking this idiotic position. We don't have to prove anything to you, because you fabricated the entire argument. You have to prove the reason is about race, specifically. Nobody can use facts to disprove your abstraction of reality.
    race is the only reason i can think of why republicans are so hypocritical on the subject of the deficit.

if you can think of another, please share.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    race is the only reason i can think of why republicans are so hypocritical on the subject of the deficit.

if you can think of another, please share.
    Because the party is replete with corporate cronyism. But, like you I don't need to prove that.

Because the party is replete with corporate cronyism. But, like you I don't need to prove that.
    corporate cronyism is based on and supported and deemed Ok because of .... racism, and to a lesser extent but certainly inter-related: classism.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

corporate cronyism is based on and supported and deemed Ok because of .... racism, and to a lesser extent but certainly inter-related: classism.
    Prove it.

Prove it.
    "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."
    With facts not anecdotes.

With facts not anecdotes.
    this has been the mode of operation for the republican party for 50 years. and yes, its will documented, even within the republican party. that courting poor whites with coded racial phrases such as "inner city" in order to get them to support tax cuts for the rich has been the plan of action of the GOP for decades.

you prove "with facts" that its JUST corporate cronyism, and has nothing to do with race. why do working class whites support a party that is so obviously not in there best economic interest? race.

rooting out the basis of philosophical ideas is not something that can be quantified with a p-test. that kind of evidence doesn't exist. i can't ask for such evidence from you, and you can't ask it of me either. im sorry, your classes is psych didn't explain that to you. i can't use a P-test to show that Aquinas was an idiot. its philosophy, which is a subjective science. i mean aquinas was an idiot though.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-24-2018 at 10:55 AM.

this has been the mode of operation for the republican party for 50 years. and yes, its will documented, even within the republican party. that courting poor whites with coded racial phrases such as "inner city" in order to get them to support tax cuts for the rich has been the plan of action of the GOP for decades.

you prove "with facts" that its JUST corporate cronyism, and has nothing to do with race. why do working class whites support a party that is so obviously not in there best economic interest? race.

rooting out the basis of philosophical ideas is not something that can be quantified with a p-test. that kind of evidence doesn't exist. i can't ask for such evidence from you, and you can't ask it of me either. sorry, your classes is psych didn't explain that to you.
    So you concede that you have presented an opinion which you cannot defend with facts. You revert then to identity politics, but when correlated evidence of how people feel about policy issues and how they identify (within a group) is presented you ignore it.

As a side bar, do you think racism goes both ways? If you look at pg104 in the report that Josh posted, Blacks have a 23% delta in how they view other blacks vs whites, whereas whites have only a 2% variation between races. If you go to pg105 you see that there is a 13% variation between political affiliations perception of blacks, but an astounding 23% difference in how whites are viewed. I think you're creating a problem that isn't.
    I already addressed it, so did Josh. You made the baseless claim and fail to defend it.

Try to have one discussion without personal attacks.

Insider
    @Steve I'm talking about kowtowing to the majority in order to pass the legislation you actually want. I just want the people with good policy to stop being so very terrible at winning elections. Identity politics is an incredibly minor issue in terms of what actually matters, but is so emotionally resonant. It should not be a talking point, IMO.

There's no point in a noble but losing stance except maybe as a "let it burn" accelerationist. I dig the MLK quote as diagnosis, but not prescription. Maybe that makes me part of the problem. Ha!

i presented my opinion that explained the obvious hypocrisy of the republican party. one that fits with history, the facts, and all the evidence so far presented.

no evidence has been presented counter to that. the counter explanation of simple crony capitalism does not explain the popularity of the party, and its ideas with folks who do not benifit and indeed are harmed massively by these policies.

self reporting on the subject of racism is STILL not a counter point. stop posting it. it still not relevant.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-24-2018 at 11:05 AM.