Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: History and back-end information of the "little guys"

I wonder if he really did get any "cash out" It seems like they weren't too far off bankruptcy when it went down.

I do seriously wonder if F1 will actually be releasing a new product (marker?). So far, they've just apparently provided great customer service to existing products.
    OlllllllO

They are trying very hard to, and realizing it is not as easy as they might of initially thought.

Seems like a running theme.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Seems like a running theme.
    Steve if you don't mind me asking how close are you guys (not looking for a specific number of days, months, or years)

Quote Originally Posted by JimBobFett View Post
    Wouldn't a modern day WDP Angel really be something like an Ego or LV? I mean, take away the one tube that was pretty much just for the battery because now you can house that elsewhere, then the rest is derivative of a stacked tube poppet/Autococker, no? Shrink the bottom tube diameter where the hammer resides with lower pressure, use a valve system to actuate the hammer instead of a sear and spring (surprised nobody has come out with this for a cocker other than the Osiris), and its an Ego (or one of many markers that have used this same basic setup).

Oh, and then of course there is the recently closed Bob Long. Is he a 'big guy' though?

I wonder what happened to Crossfire (air tanks and the unique Ramrod barrel).

Surprised no mention of AKALMP with Smart Parts. I guess everyone just kinda knows.
    Angels don't have a sear and spring unless you switched over to talking about cockers if i messed up reading that my bad. If i read that the way i think i did angels were the first marker with a solenoid driven ram cartridge that had a hammer that connected to the bolt and struck the valve, no springs involved besides the valve spring

Quote Originally Posted by d0cwho View Post
    Steve if you don't mind me asking how close are you guys (not looking for a specific number of days, months, or years)
    The gun is really just waiting on us right now. It's always been a side project, but I recently landed a full time job (building particle accelerators, to brag for a second) and Ryan's also busy doing chemistry all day not to mention having a kid on the way.

Tbh I'm a little concerned we won't be able to do the gun justice. It's more time than people realize to do just the design work, and distribution and sales would be a full time job if it's done right. We're somewhat on the hunt for someone established in the industry to help us fully realize the project, but I'm not sure what that looks like yet. The goal was always to make a kick-ass paintball gun no holds barred, but we'd also like to break even :P
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Florypb505 View Post
    Angels don't have a sear and spring unless you switched over to talking about cockers if i messed up reading that my bad. If i read that the way i think i did angels were the first marker with a solenoid driven ram cartridge that had a hammer that connected to the bolt and struck the valve, no springs involved besides the valve spring
    My reference to Autocockers was just the stacked tube poppet that hasn't really changed much other than yes, change from a sear and spring hammer to a pneumatic one like a G6R or an Ego. I was hinting at that again with my Osiris comment. But yeah, a 'modern Angel'? Seems like a G6R or Ego to me. Not sure how much further that design can go.

Still wondering why nobody else has revamped the pneumatic hammer from a PGI Osiris for Autocockers though, so I'm trying to machine one myself. I'm trying to see if I can use a lever valve like Planet Eclipse does too. Pretty much an Angel inside of a cocker then... minus the hammer attached to the open bolt part.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    I too really like my crome 2. I did swap the ASA and HPR for something a little more agreeable.
    Good too hear!
    I like your engineering on DSR.

Yea, the ASA was was replaced pretty quick by most owners.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    The gun is really just waiting on us right now. It's always been a side project, but I recently landed a full time job (building particle accelerators, to brag for a second) and Ryan's also busy doing chemistry all day not to mention having a kid on the way.

Tbh I'm a little concerned we won't be able to do the gun justice. It's more time than people realize to do just the design work, and distribution and sales would be a full time job if it's done right. We're somewhat on the hunt for someone established in the industry to help us fully realize the project, but I'm not sure what that looks like yet. The goal was always to make a kick-ass paintball gun no holds barred, but we'd also like to break even :P
    I know the feeling, trying to run a business as a side project on top of your other job is tough. Congrats on the new job btw!