Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: History and back-end information of the "little guys"

Insider
    Now - If J&M are correct, PG was working with Pikkadoll also, at the same time as the Vanguard Demon, though I don't know to what extent. It might have just been externals and layout.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

J&M?

PG?

Eh?
    OlllllllO

Insider
    J&M is shorthand for Jason and Martin - they were the machining guys behind a few projects, including Vanguard and our guns. PG is for PeeGee, he is on here time to time.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    Vanguard, you need Paul Garry (PeeGee) for that info, but I believe basically yes, it was the Lucky UK crew. I think Simon cave over to the UK at one point to try and help them out as well. Martin Carnall was doing the machine work.
    At one point KEE was looking to buy up the IP and Vanguard gun design. They also wanted a higher end gun for World Cup that year so I spent a few weeks in England going through the gun and updating the design to make it way more cost effective to machine and manufacture. Made two different body style versions on it (I still have the prototypes in my basement) and then concluded it still had a few fundamental issues in the design and was still way too expensive to make without a real redesign. Worked out well as it allowed me to spend more time with my then girlfriend who was living in England and who became my wife

Awesome stuff Simon. I'm guessing that 'project' eventually lead to the Vanquish?
    OlllllllO

Not at all. The Vanquish was already in process. That project was supposed to be a quicker path to market as it was already a "finished" gun. Only it wasn't really. It didn't make business sense hence why it was killed.

Ah I see.

So, I don't know about anyone else but I'd sure be interested in the progressions of your projects through the years, as well as some interesting tidbits like the one above. Mini/Axe, Vanquish (I heard that was originally similar to the ICD FS?), etc.
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Now - If J&M are correct, PG was working with Pikkadoll also, at the same time as the Vanguard Demon, though I don't know to what extent. It might have just been externals and layout.
    Hi

First time posting

Pikkadoll (Regency, Crome) was run by me, my brother and a pbfriend of us. So PG has not been involved in Regency.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
    Hi

First time posting

Pikkadoll (Regency, Crome) was run by me, my brother and a pbfriend of us. So PG has not been involved in Regency.
    I *love* my Crome 2.
    OlllllllO

Yeah i was nothing to do with Regency... however i did own a chrome and was my all time fave gun i miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
    Hi

First time posting