Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Reflex projects.

My Reflex projects.

So as some of you know Ive been mostly into spyders & Automags for years. Ive owned Autocockers but rarely used them.

That all changed when I bought a 98 Rightfeed a couple years ago that Boston Paintball had installed a reflex kit on for its previous owner. It had been sitting in a closet for years. I bought it because it intrigued me & was within budget. Actually wife paid for it as a present.

After some use I imediatly did as any good tinkerer would do. I started planning & getting upgrades for it. The plan to turn it into as much of a sleeper as possible. New reg, valve, 3way, lpc

But there was always the nagging issue of the fact I dont like rightfeed bodies. Mostly because I almost always shot out the right of a bunker so the hopper is there before I am and makes a ncie target. Plan SSTO was hatched. I found a mint 98 STO. The type that alot of people think should never be taken apart. I did. Kept what I need & sold the remaining STO parts to someone who wanted to restore their 98 STO.

I use it fairly regularly. When it doesnt have small nagging issues.

Now there are 2 projects revolving around the gun.
    1) to speed it up more then it already can go. The thought is to get a 1" stroke ram to replace the long stroke ram. Replace the slotted shaft with custom one. Replace the 3 way with something quicker like a ANS. Then add Qev's to the ram & trigger ram. While hopefully keeping the guns flow limiter operational which means getting a new limiter that has differnent inputs.

2) Built a 2nd reflex. I was able to get a new mostly complete reflex kit. Then I made a stop at Boston Paintball & got some of the last reflex parts they had from what I was told by the sales counter guy. What I couldnt get I have had made. Had tbars made. Will be having trigger plates made along with some other small parts. Also still need to buy some of the available stuff like the trigger ram & various fittings
    This is the 2nd gun using the old Rightfeed body. The guns recipient doesn't know its being build so that is part of the fun. But Im sure he will like it alot.

What Ive learned is that tuning a autococker is not difficult. Just need patience. Ive also learned that even as daunting as a reflex kit looks it really is no different to tune than a standard autococker.

Wayne
    Pretty cool. The odds of having one reflex kit are slim, having 2 is downright tiny.

Supports Inception Designs
    Love to see old Reflex Kits come up! Even better when they are on original unmolested bodies. The reflex kits are awesome, I have one on a Boston Twister and one spare kit that I haven't decided what to install it on yet. I also recently built a YinYang cocker with a 3rd kit that I had for a friend...

here's the one most recently built:
    before: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=298999740185952
    after: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=299002933518966

They are temperamental but so worth the effort when they work right. My friend Dan Bacci has a complete kit installed on an old Boston Mark-II body and also has stash of old spare parts but not enough to build another complete kit yet.

I definitely want to see how your modifications come out, would be neat to see an updated version of the kit since it really hasn't been changed since it was first designed...heh.

That was one of my favourite STO years. So nice. It looks bad ass as a Boston Reflex. Can't wait to check it out and try it.

That is one seriously cool gun.

I am just getting my Race gun prototype together (got to find a way to charge it) and see if it works. Really enjoying cockers right now

Insider
    I cannot remember giggling like I did when I shot that at Tunaball... such a fun marker!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That was one of my favourite STO years. So nice. It looks bad ass as a Boston Reflex. Can't wait to check it out and try it.
    Simon, You did try it but without paint at tunaball on Sunday. If I make Tunaball next summer Ill be sure to bring it again. If not I may ship it to Scott so you can try it for a couple games.
    Last edited by Cougar20th; 09-28-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Hmmm, next time I want to shoot it with paint.

Supports Inception Designs
    you're missing out if you never got to play a game with one, heh.

Got the STo one going again, used it for a game sunday. Between the setting it up Friday & using it sunday I killed 2 quick release bolt pins. Got it going really well in the game, then it shot the bolt back into my mask. Time to get solid pins for it.