Thread: New tiny format Arduino boards:

Insider

New tiny format Arduino boards:

Damn that's cool.

Insider
    Not to necro (can you really "necro" on simonized haha) but couldn't you just connect a microswitch and eyes and everything all into one USB and you could have a couple league specific Tinyduino boards you could change and it would be locked into that leagues settings, kind of like the NPPL chips but in one board or could you do even more than that with this?

Not sure you can "necro" here. If you have something relevant to one of our conversations then I think it will always be relevant.

I don't think you can have one board that will work for a particular tournament series and with every gun that might be used in that series.

Insider
    Makes sense. Still interesting. It seems like with all of the new tech they have today, it should be feasible to make improved autotune systems. I know APE has Auto-Tune but it could be improved. Something taking eye data and data the OEM knows (like how long the valve must be open to dump the right amount of air down the barrel) or something done by the board manufacturer or 3rd party and know how fast the bolt is moving by how long it took to get to they eyes and a number of other things. You could design some really unique boards. You could even make a board that somewhat auto tunes every shot. You would just do it to where it's actively monitoring each shot and it shuts off the dwell when it's logic tells it the bolt has been forward long enough, not a setting that never changes. Not sure if that quite makes sense but it would help in concept to improve efficiency and it also in principle would make it impossible to have FSDO that's unrelated to the marker's maintenance.

Insider
    Supports Inception Designs
    Supports Inception Designs
    If I'm not mistaken, SP (and now KEE) had IP on essentially that- feedback from sensors to tune the dwell on the fly. I had heard rumor that the Nerve was to incorporate some of it (thus the name), but never did.

Insider
    IIRC the dwell adjustment was to adjust velocity and keep it consistant. There was some other bits, involving a small pressure transmitter and such. But the old E-cocker, the one with the 'box' on the bottom (I forget off hand, Paintball Mania?) had two hall effect sensors and the Omron Eye, and it self evaluated the cycle and timed the gun. So it is prior art...

Wayne
    Sandridge F5 I believe.

Insider
    Yep! Sandridge! Poor brain. Need sleep.

KEE did acquire a feedback loop patent with the SP IP. I am not sure if that is one of the patents I abandoned due to prior art or not. The F5 was a fascinating gun. Awesome when they worked... but needed constant attention to keep running. Like all electro cockers they tended to beat themselves up if not looked after.