Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Prototype Race Gun

My Prototype Race Gun

Pic of the gun first...

This is one of the prototype Race Guns I worked on as part of NPS back when we were working with Race Gun and looking to help put guns and parts into production.

Not sure how many of these were made, but it wasn't many. It's a break beam eye with a cast eye cover.

I hadn't touched it for years, and then since I am on a bit of a cocker kick right now I pulled it out and set it up again.

That's not the original feedneck, it was like the other Race half blocks, but I prefer a modern clamping system to swapped it over to this one just to get it up and running.

Anyway, I got the battery charged and so far it looks good, but for the life of me I can't remember how the board works. I was searching on Customcockers.com but can't find any info. Does anyone have the instructions? Then I can see if the board is working or not.

I still need to go through all the stuff in my basement and find the programming cable and house charger.

Thanks
    Last edited by Simon; 09-27-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Pic of the other side.

Insider
    Love these guns. God, I need a cool cocker...

Does the pump arm bend after the eye cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Love these guns. God, I need a cool cocker...
    Are you coming on Sat? I can lend you one

Quote Originally Posted by evil_racecocker View Post
    Does the pump arm bend after the eye cover?
    Nope. We made it completely straight.

you can try and contact Komodo on BEO or maybe CC. he was one of the last if not the last race tech in the US. i'm sure that he will give you a hand or a clue about them.

Insider
    Planning on being there, yea. It's not a bad drive.

Insider
    I might have some racegun parts in my packed boxes here Simon. If not, I have them in Washington.

What do you need to charge it?

I found a car charger that is working.

Need the programming cable.

I am also having issues with the fact it's running an mQ2 prototype valve. Am considering what to do about that.

It worked at 330fps, but wouldn't work when I turned it down, and now the valve isn't working at all.

dump the PPS LPR ... they are junk.

i know its an unpopular view, but rocks are garabage, never had any luck with the 5 or so i have owned. i like the WGP "bullet" ones the best.