Thread: Snatch Grips and Grip Screw Covers

Snatch Grips and Grip Screw Covers

Attached are Solidworks CAD files and STL files for a snatch/grip cover plate. This initial version is designed to just friction fit into place with a pin that fits into the unused screw hole. It's definitely possible to make a version held in by the frame screw, or the beavertail screw (on guns where you don't need a beavertail) or to snap around the beavertail shaft.

If you don't have access to a 3D printer check out www.shapeways.com

Feel free to make your own designs and share them with the community. In order to upload them you will need to zip them before upload.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks again for helping solve my issue! I just ordered one up off of Shapeways.

Might be worth waiting until some of the users with their own 3D printers have had chance to make them and verify the design. It's not unusual for something like this to need a few tweaks to get just whats needed.

How much did Shapeways charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Might be worth waiting until some of the users with their own 3D printers have had chance to make them and verify the design. It's not unusual for something like this to need a few tweaks to get just whats needed.

How much did Shapeways charge?
    Yeah it looks like shapeways felt like the design couldn't be done as is. I will wait a bit and see if another user figures it out.

I am working on a cover/beavertail combo part right now, which is what I always planned to do, but kept getting distracted from. It will be thicker and probably better for 3D printing.

I will give it a try tonight and see how it prints MrStealhy. PM me and if it works I will send it to you.

New files attached.

This is how I originally envisioned making the beavertails for our frames.

Should be thicker and print better. Front pin is just for alignment. It would be held in place by a 10-32 screw in place of the beavertail.

A "Pointy" snatch grip that could be used with or without our beavertail...

I increased the angle of the back face to force the front up and into the recess a little more. Not sure if that will help or not.

Is there an STL file for the Dragons Tail?