Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russians now a Dye team

Russians now a Dye team

RL.jpg (meh, I love those old russian helis)

There's so much cool Russian themed stuff could be done with RL's gear, especially the Soyuz and military stuff. Would love to see something used.

Cool, so between this and the Ironmen pickups it's clear that Dye are getting serious again.
    Last edited by vijil; 01-29-2018 at 03:40 AM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Serious about what, though? Have they hired anyone to work on hard parts, or are they going to stick to contacting?
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Serious about what, though? Have they hired anyone to work on hard parts, or are they going to stick to contacting?
    Uhh... is that a joke?

Are you full time there? I thought you were just on for the DSR.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

Contracting for specific projects wouldn't be a terrible ongoing strategy in PB, especially if your release cycle is super long. I came from animation where almost nobody is ever actually hired - it all depends on the work coming in. Even big studios like Weta (my town, loads of friends there) will do massive seasonal layoffs between jobs and need the flexibility to do so. But that's partly because employment law here pretty much makes it illegal to fire anyone.

But I'm pretty sure ironyusa is permanent.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Are you full time there? I thought you were just on for the DSR.
    I am full-time. Have a full backlog of projects I'm working.

Contracting makes a lot of sense.

I was just curious because Dye used to have a couple full time employees doing design work, so contracting would be a step back from that.

Edit: that's cool.

Dye paintball is basically me and Billy from an engineering standpoint. We do have Dye Asia which helps with certain parts, such as the surfacing and plastic parts but they're kind of like Dye CNC in the fact that they're not a dedicated resource.

It's too bad Dye doesn't really do PL guns...I'd love to see a modern take on the Russian's shocker:

We'd have to add so much metal to do something like that. I would like to see a custom IM and RL marker for fun, though.

The timelines for NEW paintball releases are quite aggressive, so going at it part time would not be feasible for an established company.