Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gutted. Everything lost...

Gutted. Everything lost...

I don't know what to say.

The company www.delaware.net who was hosting my forum had a server crash and lost everything. I mean everything. Images I was hosting there for safe keeping, CAD files, and all the fantastic information and user posts that people had made here. They had no back ups (and me being an idiot had none either as I had trusted them to keep my data safe. I know. I will never do that again).

Their service and response since has been appalling. Either no replies, or 5 word sentences, or telling me how much they make from other types of business and thus why this wasn't important to them.

This was and is important to me.

I (I hope we) will rebuild. Bare with me as we do so please. I have a lot going on and not a lot of time right now. It does mean that you will need to register again also.

If there is something you remember that was missing please post up about it (in the relevant sections once they are made) and I will go and try to find the information and rebuild.

I won't let this happen again. I have already taken measures to have my own back ups and work with people I trust.

Again, I am sorry, and gutted.

Simon

Sad to see it all go away. You need to change hosts if that is how they are treating you.

Do you have access to the drives? Sometimes you can salvage data drives regardless of what may have happened. I've done it a few times on wonky external drives.

I'm a bit surprised a host would handle things like that. Doesn't jdev on PBN do some stuff with hosting? I remember way back in the AKA heydey he had his own site and hosted stuff for others. Maybe he could direct you to a better host?

We stand alone together, the members of Simonized.com

Simon, if there's anything I can do to help out, you know I'm here for you. We'll get this place back to where it belongs!

Once you get the frame work for the layout up I will do what I can to get some pics and info in place.

Is the plan to repopulate the split sections, or stick with one for the time being, and shuffle things later as time permits?
    Last edited by Pump Scout; 04-14-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: ID10-T problem at the source

A shame, but it almost seems like a rite of passage for a forum to lose everything at some point.

Some of the information will be relatively easy to repopulate, some of the insider threads not so much.

But I think we'll all be here to help rebuild.

I thought my hotel wi-fi was blocking the site. Now i wish that were the case.

I enjoyed reading through this site before. I will again.

Good luck!

Also back to rebuild

Insider
    Haha for a while there I thought I got banned or something. Then it wouldn't even work on my phone so I figured it crashed or something. We're all back though.