Thread: ISO .dwg files for Merlin bodies, banjo bolts, front block, and MQ valve body.

ISO .dwg files for Merlin bodies, banjo bolts, front block, and MQ valve body.

Can someone help me out here? I've seen them before, or at least 2D schematics that I could use as a template, but I keep hearing that there are actual CAD/Autodesk files floating around the interwebz for the AKALMP Merlins. I'd have to machine up the blocks and bolts too since they seem to have gone from endangered to extinct in the wild over the past few years. I'm on the Kraken waitlist, but... I'd rather CAD up some other designs to machine up at work.

Specifically, I'd prefer the mini body and block as a starting point, take it down to something more like the round body style, use different detents, and mid/half block it as part of the design for less of a 'chopped' look.

Just last week, someone on FB said I should find some CAD file that's online for people to machine up their own 11/16" MQ2 dump valve bodies (since the solenoid and normal spacer are interchangeable anyways). Even posted me a screenshot of it in SW, but couldn't tell me where to find it, lol. Such a cock tease! That one ticks me off since I know I have at least 3 MQ2's, spacers for karni and regular, and I know I have an 11/16" valve for it SOMEWHERE! Checked all my 11/16" markers, nope. Know I used it in my Mertle cocker years ago and was going to put it in one of my 05 Black Magics... so its in a bag somewhere, in a box somewhere... in a 'safe space'... so safe that not even I can remember.

So yeah... machining up another 11/16" MQ2 valve body would be sweet anyways.

Can anyone help a paintball brother out?

Oh man, I modelled MQ2s a while ago. Pretty sure I did both bodies as well.. definitely did the 11/16 valve. I'll have to take a look where those files went to. Did it in... Inventor? I think I also have that drawing saved in a similar/same place. If I can remember when I get home/this weekend I'll take a look.

If you can find it, awesome! Thank you for your time. I could pump them out of the machine shop at work.

Talking to MQ too about making a new mq3? with him also.

So there's a sticky thread on this site that's got Yoda's google drive folder with paintball stuff in it. I had him upload the MQ models I made there... while I work on recovering the google drive where I hosted my stuff as well.

link to yoda's drive

In there you'll find the MQ drawings I did.

Thank you, sir!

Your welcome. The body is very basic.

Sorry for the questions, but this summer I will have access to a metal 3d printer, and plan to try printing my own body.

1. Should I edit the 3d files directly and add threads, or just add threads once the print is complete.

2. Does the lower tube already have the correct spacing for valve fittings, or would I need to add those into the file before printing.

Thank you so much for posting these files!