Thread: Interested in Inception Barrels! Help!

Interested in Inception Barrels! Help!

I am looking at getting Inception Barrel set up- some questions I have, though, that aren't getting answered via email or calling-

1. In comparison between the Carbon Fiber Whip Tip and the stella slimline front, is the slimline technically better at having less breaks?
    2. Would the slimline barrel front be technically quieter than the the carbon fiber as it has more porting? Maybe not even noticeable...
    3. I have never owned a gloss barrel before and I see if I do not want to anodize your inception slimline barrel front, you can only get a gloss finish. Does gloss finish fade away pretty quickly on barrels due to bunker wear?

Thanks, I hope to order this ASAP so I can use for next weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Mattman8879 View Post
    I am looking at getting Inception Barrel set up- some questions I have, though, that aren't getting answered via email or calling-

1. In comparison between the Carbon Fiber Whip Tip and the stella slimline front, is the slimline technically better at having less breaks?
    2. Would the slimline barrel front be technically quieter than the the carbon fiber as it has more porting? Maybe not even noticeable...
    3. I have never owned a gloss barrel before and I see if I do not want to anodize your inception slimline barrel front, you can only get a gloss finish. Does gloss finish fade away pretty quickly on barrels due to bunker wear?

Thanks, I hope to order this ASAP so I can use for next weekend
    1) no. Breaks aren't any better or worse between the 2 tips. Its generally the paint. The quality of both products means that there is nothing that would cause a break from the tip.

2) i have both tips and never noticed any difference in the sound.

3) no. In 2 years of owning a Stella, never had any bunker wear. I also don't grind my barrels against the bunkers but the anno is solid and shouldn't wear with general play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    1) no. Breaks aren't any better or worse between the 2 tips. Its generally the paint. The quality of both products means that there is nothing that would cause a break from the tip.

2) i have both tips and never noticed any difference in the sound.

3) no. In 2 years of owning a Stella, never had any bunker wear. I also don't grind my barrels against the bunkers but the anno is solid and shouldn't wear with general play.
    You own both tips? What are the pros and cons of each (also, what is the weight difference in grams)? If you lost both of them and only had the money to buy one of the tips, which would you get?

No clue on the tip weights, no scale. The regular tips, do come in 2 sizes, .689 & .697, the DW tip only 1. I do size the front with thr back, depending on the paint size.

I use my regular tips more than the DW tip, so i guess i could loose the carbon fiber one and not be upset.

But mostly its up to you. If you like carbon fiber, go with that. You can feel the lightness or balance of the gun, fully loaded with the tip.