Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring recommendations? low velocity on full body FLE

Spring recommendations? low velocity on full body FLE

I've had this gun for a while now, at first it seemed to work fine once I shimmed the LPR. Now I can't seem to get my velocity up no matter what spring set or hpr pressure I use. I'm using an inception hard face bolt, inception hammer, high flow valve (looks like a rat valve). I have a madman spring set (valve and hammer spring) and the stock springs. I also have a reg tester and IIRC I'm at about ~300 now. I've tried pretty much every spring combo and can get it to work for a bit sometimes but eventually I can't get the velocity up to where I want it.

The only other problem I can think of is the o-ring on the tip of the HF bolt flies off after a few shots so I can't really use one.

Personally, I'd ditch the RAT. Never had luck with mine, got the impression it was more "brute Force" engineering than carefully designed. I don't know what size valve the FLE takes but personally I'd run stock or a tornado (if you want to get really serious about it). I'm sure Simon also has a good option available.

Edit: to my recollection the RAT also requires a considerably heavier hammer than stock, not sure if the inception hammer fits the bill. It will also require a heavier hammer spring.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 05-21-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Personally, I'd ditch the RAT. Never had luck with mine, got the impression it was more "brute Force" engineering than carefully designed. I don't know what size valve the FLE takes but personally I'd run stock or a tornado (if you want to get really serious about it). I'm sure Simon also has a good option available.

Edit: to my recollection the RAT also requires a considerably heavier hammer than stock, not sure if the inception hammer fits the bill. It will also require a heavier hammer spring.
    good to know about the rat and the heavier spring. I did have a different valve in there initially, I think it was an ANS high flow valve. the two look almost identical other than the color but I think I'm going to try an inception valve and see where I get with it.

I ran a RAT in my mini FLE with no issues once I added the volumizer, which you shouldn't need with the full body. The ID hammer is indeed quite heavy so it's not an issue.

The new ID 9/16" (what the standard bodies use) valve looks promising. You'll find that velocity comes much easier when running the 11/16" valve bodies, though. The new FLE Retro is perfect, IMO.
    OlllllllO

I would run either medtmed or whatever spring combo you want, set the IVG to the base of the body and start playing around with input preasure and spring tensions.

The one thing that tuning cockers is: there is no one set way. Because of varied parts and even differences of bodies, you should not thi k or act that setting the HPR at this pressure, or the spring at this point will give the same results. You have to play around with it, test it. Up the pressure here, but spring there. You play around with it till it gives you what you want.

By your parts and setup, the pressure may be too low, versus the spring. You may need to change springs or crank in the spring all the way. I don't know.

You might also check the Oring on the valve stem of the RAT, if it's falling apart or not lubed it could be causing issues.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

so I picked up a tornado valve to see if that will help. I've got plenty of springs to try so I'll just keep at it until I find a combo that works.

btw what size o-ring does the inception hard face bolt use? I keep loosing my bolt tip o-ring and need to buy a bag of them. I think my .675 bore is a little small for it.

Thanks for the help!

013 or 014 i believe

The bolt tip needs to be a 90 durometer o-ring. We had some bolts go out with a 70 durometer by mistake. You want a 014 in 90 for an old school body or a 90 durometer 1.5mm by 14.5mm. If you can't find it locally we can send you replacements if you email us at sales@inceptiondesigns.com

Usually we start tuning guns at around 350psi on the HPR and then adjust as needed.

so i got my hands on some 90 durometer o-rings, the ones that came on it were definitely the standard 70 so hopefully this will help with that issue.

the new problem I'm having now is I bought a 9/16" AKA Tornado valve and it doesn't fit past the retaining nut threads. my Rat valve measures .558" but the Tornado measures .575-.580ish". do these valves run big (I've already e-mailed AKA/DC)?

I found an old post where someone else was having trouble getting one into a different inception gun, I think the hornet body maybe? if this is a common problem can someone recommend a specific 9/16" valve that will fit?