Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need help with my Z2

I need help with my Z2

Alright, so I got my Z2 used for a straight trade for my Rotor. The Z2 worked perfectly fine. (so no one can say it was because of the owner before me) But when I put paint through it (really really bad paint, Kmart paint, absolute garbage) so when I put that paint in it, it jammed and would unjam itself which I thought was cool, but then a ball broke in the Z2. So I took the shells apart and cleaned it (didn't take apart the drive stuff) Then tried again, same results. cleaned again. The third time, I only put in about 20 to 30 balls in at a time and I watched the Z2 unjam pretty much every ball then feed. After I shot the paint. I took the shells apart to clean everything thoroughly. And I noticed under the window thing, there was paint under it. So then I took apart the drive so I could clean under the window. Did that, and put everything back together. I set it on my desk facing up (like the position you would set it on a gun)
    During the night, I kept hearing a click. I checked around my desk and didn't figure it was the Z2. Then as I was going to bed I heard a weird noise (it was the Z2 spinning from the rip drive) and as I saw the Z2 turned I was scared, then I saw it do it again and it was facing towards me and I was really scared as if it were possessed or something. So I took off the nose cone, unplugged the battery harness (I didn't pull any wires)
    After school the next day I went to investigate the Z2. I replaced the batteries figuring the they were fried or something. So I put new batteries in and turned the Z2 on, and it only beeped and didn't spin at all, I was very confused. I asked a friend about it and he said it was a spring that lost its tension or something to that sort. So I took it apart again and I could not find no such spring as he spoke of. But I did notice one of the wires to the motor had come off, so I soldered it back on. I figured I had diagnosed the problem and it would work again. Unfortunately no. Same thing. The Z2 beeps and does nothing but blink red. If I click the forward or backward buttons it doesn't spin either, but if I click then a couple times the Z2 beeps and blinks orange and red.
    I have no idea what I did or what's wrong. I emailed empire a picture of the wire that came off before I soldered it, so if the motor is just bad, then hopefully they are sending me a new motor.

(sorry for the long story, I just want people to know what's going on)

Any help is awesome, I really want this Z2 to work.
    Thanks.

Sorry for just seeing this here.

I think we got you help on PBNation didn't we?

Let me know if you still need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Sorry for just seeing this here.

I think we got you help on PBNation didn't we?

Let me know if you still need help.
    Yeah, I just got a new motor and board today. I installed it and did the auto-tune thing.
    So far it works amazing. I love Empire haha.
    I'll let you know if something comes up with it.

Sounds good.

Alright so the Z2 is working great, unfortunately I haven't been able to play much since it's getting colder and less people are interested in going out to play.
    But I was just wondering what I should do with the old board and motor I have? Should I throw it away? Or what?
    I know it's not a huge deal, but I don't know if there is a preferred way to dispose of boards and motors, or whatever.
    Just let me know
    thanks

It's unusual for the motor itself to actually be bad, it can be as simple a fix as a wire connection or bending the bush contacts, so personally I would keep the motor.

The board is more likely to be a bad mosfet which is not so easy to fix. You could try if you fancy it, but up to you. If you don't want it just put it in the trash. I wish there were better options for recycling such items but I don't think there is.

What is this autotuning you speak of? My Z2 gets kind of quirky sometimes and I have to hand feed it in game. Maybe a factory reset and tune will get it working properly?

Styg

Running the diagnostics and auto tune should resolve that (normally it will actually run the autotune as you use the hopper, and any time you run it empty).

To do an auto tune - Start with the loader off. Push both the rubber buttons and then turn it on. Release the buttons and let it run through it's sequence. When it gets to purple push either forward or back button and let it spin for a few seconds before turning it off.

Alright, so I left my Z2 in my gear bag over the season and haven't used it. I came back to it today and when I turned it on, it was really loud, it sounded like it was hitting something, after taking apart and reassembling everything, it stopped making the noise. But then I noticed that instead of a green light it was red, so I figured that meant to change the batteries. So I did. Now note, the batteries aren't lithium, just regular duracell's. Then when I turned on the Z2, it was spinning really fast, like ridiculously fast, it was hard to stop it from spinning with the rip drive wheel. So I did the auto tune thing, and still, it spun like crazy. Then I went into my settings and put the speed down to one, and while I was in programming I checked everything else, and they were where they were supposed to be. But the speed (green light in programming) was at one. And still, the Z2 is spinning really fast...
    I don't know if I messed something up while I was taking apart or reassembling, but the Z2 is spinning really fast, and I'm sure it would demolish paint so I don't want to try putting paint in it.
    Any thoughts?

Is there a way I can send my Z2 to an Empire tech? I don't think I am familiar enough with it to make it work properly. The guy I bought it from says it never had any problems with him, ever since he bought it, it ran perfectly. I still haven't gotten to play a game with it, and it seems like the only thing I've done with it is take it apart and put it back together several times, and each time I do, something different happens.
    If I could just send it to someone, and have it guaranteed to work how it should, all I would have to do is change batteries when needed. Then that would be spectacular. But if its something simple, then I will try to fix it and hope it works.
    I love Empire products, but I just haven't had much relief with this Z2...