Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I need help with my Z2

Sounds like a short across the eyes or solenoid connections.

The eyes and solenoid work on the Optimus board.
    I also have a question about the Shockwave board, it has two dip switches, and one is for tournament lock, what is the other for? they were both in the off position. And, when the light is red, doesn't that indicate the battery is low? (when the eyes are on) but I have a brand new battery in it, I even tried an extra new battery and the light is still red.

The short could be on the Shockwave board side (around the connector is most likely).

Here's the manual for it http://www.paintballsolutions.com/05...-Shockwave.pdf

Are the batteries a brand name quality battery straight from the packaging? It's not unusual to get bad batteries right out of the packaging from lower brand companies.

The red LED is indicative of a bad battery if the board is working correctly. If the board is bad that may make the led red, or do strange things.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The short could be on the Shockwave board side (around the connector is most likely).

Here's the manual for it http://www.paintballsolutions.com/05...-Shockwave.pdf

Are the batteries a brand name quality battery straight from the packaging? It's not unusual to get bad batteries right out of the packaging from lower brand companies.

The red LED is indicative of a bad battery if the board is working correctly. If the board is bad that may make the led red, or do strange things.
    They are Energizer, straight from packaging.
    when I test the battery (put my tongue on the positive and negative ends and feel the shock) they are still like new.
    Did I get a bad board, or could I have accidentally bumped something and ruined it or during shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane821 View Post
    Did I get a bad board, or could I have accidentally bumped something and ruined it or during shipping?
    Could have been either. If you can't see any bent pins or something obvious up near the connector then the next thing to try is another Shockwave board.

there isn't any bent pins, and I can't find anything standing out to me.
    What does the second dip switch do? I couldn't find anything about it in the manual.
    and I was talking to one of the Empire/ Paintballsolutions techs over email, and I think they should get back to me tomorrow.
    Last edited by Lane821; 01-28-2013 at 09:34 PM.