Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need help with my Z2

You can send it to the techs at paintball solutions. That's Empire's tech support team.

When you put new batteries in a Z2 it automatically tunes itself to set the best parameters. The first time you turn it on it WILL spin very fast, but leave it on and it will start to spin slower as it automatically regulates itself to the correct settings. Then as you use it, it tunes itself constantly to maintain that performance.

Run the autotune to make sure the sensors are happy, and then turn it on and watch it. If it runs slower then or slows itself down after a few seconds, then I think you should be fine to go and use it.

I let it run for a while and it is still spinning fast, I noticed that if I try to grab the rip drive, it keeps tension and doesn't stop itself. After I grab the rip drive, an orange light blinked and I couldn't get the Z2 to spin back or forward. So I turned it off, then back on, and it seems like its a tad bit slower but still a lot faster than I've seen it since I had it, and I can stick my finger in the anti-jam and it will gently stop. I am having my first practice this season this weekend, so I'll let you know how it goes.

So I went to Wal Mart to buy some paint, because I really wanted to test the Z2 and my Axe. First off the Wal Mart paintballs were terrible as they always are. As I go outside, my gun is set to 12.5 psp, has boss XSV bolt with long spring, and I was shooting and had a few paint breaks, so I go to check if it was the z2 or the Axe. And surprisingly to me, it wasn't the Z2. Now I didn't have a chronograph and didn't even check my gauge, so I'm not disappointed that the Axe broke paint, the paint was awful, and I'm proud that it shot as much as it did.
    But you were right, the Z2 is fine.
    Thank you for the help, I will continue to come here before I go anywhere else.

If your Axe with the XSV bolt is still breaking paint I would be glad to help you get that worked out here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane821 View Post
    So I went to Wal Mart to buy some paint, because I really wanted to test the Z2 and my Axe. First off the Wal Mart paintballs were terrible as they always are. As I go outside, my gun is set to 12.5 psp, has boss XSV bolt with long spring, and I was shooting and had a few paint breaks, so I go to check if it was the z2 or the Axe. And surprisingly to me, it wasn't the Z2. Now I didn't have a chronograph and didn't even check my gauge, so I'm not disappointed that the Axe broke paint, the paint was awful, and I'm proud that it shot as much as it did.
    But you were right, the Z2 is fine.
    Thank you for the help, I will continue to come here before I go anywhere else.
    Feel free to stick around for the other stuff here too.

Quote Originally Posted by theboss33 View Post
    If your Axe with the XSV bolt is still breaking paint I would be glad to help you get that worked out here as well.

Thanks, but I think my pressure could have been too high, and the paint was bad, and I didn't check to see what bore the paint was, I just slapped a barrel on and went.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane821 View Post
    Thanks, but I think my pressure could have been too high, and the paint was bad, and I didn't check to see what bore the paint was, I just slapped a barrel on and went.
    Ok, so I'm setting everything up and about to go out to shoot my Axe.
    I have the Boss XSV Bolt with long spring, back cap turned out 1.5 turns, dwell at 16 blinks (4ms) Reg./ Relay pressure at just under 160psi. Set to PSP ramp 12.5.
    The paint is Wal Mart RPS "stinger" paintballs that match-bored best to .685, but needed a little blow of air with .682, so that's the bore I'm using. Last night I used a .689 bore back. And it is 37 degrees outside.
    And now to go shoot....
    Broke one about mid pod worth of paint, shot through, then at the end another which then caused the rest to break.
    I have no idea what it's chrono'd at since I don't have a chronograph.

Oh! And I just noticed that some paint was in the feedneck of the Z2, so either the Z2 broke a ball, or the from shooting the last few paintballs blew paint up through the feedneck.

Do the blow back test. No hopper. Drop one ball in the breech and another on top of that. Shoot the gun and carefully watch the 2nd ball and see how far it comes up if at all.

Do the blow back test. No hopper. Drop one ball in the breech and another on top of that. Shoot the gun and carefully watch the 2nd ball and see how far it comes up if at all.
    Alright, doing this now
    I put two paintballs in, with no hopper, just the stock axe feedneck, and when I shoot the first paintball, the second pops out.
    What does this mean?