Thread: Velocity adjustment issues

Velocity adjustment issues

Hello, this is my first post on these forums but I need some help with an autococker. I'm new to autocockers but have a lot of experience with Spyders, Intimidators, and some of the more oddities like FASORs.
    I did first check the FAQ but nothing came up under "velocity".

I have an Inceptions Twister that I recently took to a game this past Saturday and I could not get the velocity above 260fps. The weird thing is I tested it at home the night before and it shot 278fps without any changes. I used a little oil in the ASA and cycled it a few times. The bolt is clean, and the cycling looks good to me which I think is factory set.
    I'm using a Ninja v2 pro 77 superlight at 550psi output.

I tried the Stella .680 and .685 backs which made no difference to the velocity at the field.
    I turn the velocity adjuster all the way out and all the way in, and somewhere in between and the FPS was between 243-262 fps, not really caring where I left the adjustment at. I ultimately left it a few turns in from all the way out.
    I did not change anything at the HPR or LPR.
    It should be factory stock.

I still played with it all day, and it never once broke a ball, or stopped cycling. It shot smoothly all day.

That can happen for a few reasons. Here?s a few:

Depending on how the gun was assembled, if the valve jam nut is backing out it can cause low velocity.

Your 3-way timing might be a bit tight, causing the bolt to lift the hammer before it?s fully depressed the valve.

Your LPR might be a bit low, causing the bolt to shift rearward during the cycle. Pretty unlikely if it?s cycling properly on stock springs, I?ve only seen this on MQs and super-light springs.

The IVG should be 2-3 turns in, and HPR adjusted for velocity. If you?re using stock hammer/valve springs that should be fine and the hammer and IVG shouldn?t be the issue.

Thanks, for these what is the correct way to adjust the HPR?

Clockwise (turning the screw in) should turn the hpr setpoint pressure down.

I tried to increase the HPR but it has started breaking by paintballs at a frequent rate. Earlier, it was breaking once in a while. I m using Valken Infinity