Thread: 3D scanner experience?

3D scanner experience?

I am in the process of writing a proposal to add a 3D stereo lithography printer to be a companion to our Dimension BST 1200 plastic extrusion 3D printer. I'd like to tie a 3D scanner into the mix.

I've been browsing websites for various units, but I'm still not sure what works better than another and for what reasons.

Help?

What's your budget?

I have experience with 3D scanners and Photogrammetry equipment but those are high $$$ systems. I don't have any experience with the cheaper systems and solutions I have been hearing about. I would like to though, so let us know how you get on please.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    What's your budget?

I have experience with 3D scanners and Photogrammetry equipment but those are high $$$ systems. I don't have any experience with the cheaper systems and solutions I have been hearing about. I would like to though, so let us know how you get on please.
    Well, we dropped $22k or so on the 3D printer. The company isn't above spending money if we can show there's value in it. Right now I'm kinda looking at the Exascan from Creaform, but I'm not hook on a handheld either.

While on topic, I'd like to have gotten in on the Form1 kickstarter project. I just don't think for the few spots they have left I can get the deal done in time.

We just got a roland modela for the new fab lab we are setting up. Its damn affordable, but seems slow. We also have two z450's from zcorp for 3d printing, so as I work more with this equipment and more I hope I can help share my experiences etc. So cool to see this in a paintball forum!