Thread: Prophecy Z2 chopping paint. HELP PLEASE!

Prophecy Z2 chopping paint. HELP PLEASE!

I bought a Bob Long Vic V2 and I was having lots of chops. I've messed with the board and it did nothing so I called BLAST and they told me it was probably my Prophecy Z2 that was pushing too hard on the ballstack and to try with a Rotor if this was better or not. I did not have the opportunity to try a rotor since but I've try a couple things with my prophecy like changing the force/speed or sensibility and it did reduce the chops a bit but not all of it so I guess the guy at BLAST was right. The thing is I don't like the rotor (the look of it, the capacity and every one of my friends that have one are having constant jams). So I was wondering if the RF Transmitter kit will help with that since from what I've seen the loader will not push constantly on the stack but only when I fire? Also I've check around on other forums and I don't seem to be the only one with that problem so I guess the guy at BLAST was really right :P

Any thoughts?
    sry for my english, it's my second language :P

Notvsureif blow back is a common issue with the Vic but that is something I would look it. The Z2 is actually gentle on paint but very unforgiving to gun issues.

The Vic has not much blowback. I've shot about 3 pods loading the stack by hands 3 balls at the time without the hopper and I never had a chop and it was near zero blowback so I know the problem is likely to be the loader not the gun. That and the BLAST tech advice just adds up to the hypothesis that the prophecy Z2 is the problem but dawn I want to keep that loader :P

I guess you could throw the Z2 on a gun that has not been breaking paint. If it does with the Z2 then you know it's the loader if not you need to look closer at the gun.

Blast always likes to blame any problems on anything other than their guns.

It was similar when we were using Prophecies on the Victories with Infamous back when they used to shoot their guns.

One of the biggest things to check is the paint, have you done a drop test on it? The Victory isn't that forgiving on very fragile paint.

Is the paint breaking in the hopper, the breech or the barrel?

If it's the hopper it is likely to he caused by bad paint or the loader.

If it's the breech it could be the hopper or the gun.

If it's the barrel it is often the gun.

All of the issues can be caused by bad paint rather than the gun or the hopper so that's the first thing I would check.

It sounds like you have already seen the instructions for turning the loader down. If that's not resolving the issue and you have run a "self diagnostics" and autotune on the loader then it's unlikely to be (or just be) the loader.

Try another loader with the same paint on the gun.

Try that loader on another gun.

Try some different paint.

I've shot Draxxus RecSport, 2 and 3 stars and GI 2 stars. The paint was good and it's not brittle stuff. Also it was fresh. The paint breaks in the breech: my bolt is always cover with paint. I've run multiple autotune on my loader and I've seen a little improvement but I feel like every autotune results is different from one to another. Sometimes when I was feeling the force with my finger trying to block the feedneck or to grab the ripdrive of the Prophecy I was feeling almost no push with the force set at 4 and a big push at 2 :S Anyway I have a practice this Sunday where I will try with the rotor and the spire with good paint. I'll come back to post my result.

Also don't forget to let someone else try your Z2 on their gun. If the Z2 does not break paint on another gun, it may be your Vic.

How fresh are the batteries in the loader? When I first got my Z2 I chopped but my batteries weren't the best (flashed red). New batteries solve that issue. If you use rechargeables try a fresh set of Energizers.

I used to use a Bone Pack in my Halos, but for some reason they don't like my Z2. I shoot RecSport/Field/2/3 star here.

My batteries was brand new and to make sure I've checked with another set of brand new batteries to make make the first set was not dead right of the box.
    @ the boss: Great idea! I'll switch with my buddy's spire for this sunday: it's gonna be a very conclusive test!

Ok. During my Sunday i did:
    -Switch with my buddy Z2: he didn't had chop with my loader (he's shooting a Clone Gt)
    -Tried my gun with a Spire and another buddy shot my Z2 (he's shooting a geo: still I had chops but not as much and he didn't...
    -All my batteries was brand new (hopper and gun)

So I think my problem is like 80% gun/20% hopper since I've seen lower chops with the spire. In any case the Z2 works great, it just don't fit well with my Victory I guess. Now I have to call BLAST back and convince them to fix their things :P

Thanks to all for your help!