Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Rapid Prototype machine: Buying one very soon. Input wanted.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenario View Post
    So... Tell us what awesome goodies you got in the works.
    Print another printer?

I have some ideas for you Neftaly, but perhaps we should finish the Ego pump kits first.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Insider
    After all the Paintball stuff I have an idea for a coffee maker floating around

Don't worry Skibbo, I'm always doing several things at once (that's how I keep ideas fresh) and can manage my time well :P

Insider
    Had some trouble printing today though it appears to be a fault with the supplied 2GB SD card (it's a blank "Kingston"). I only really have SDHC cards so I'll have to sort something out.

I took a bunch of photos of the internals but my phone isn't cooperating at the moment. Had a good long chat with one of the guys in charge. Plenty of suggestions for software, firmware, hardware and localisation tweaks.

e. Appears it was a firmware bug. Seems like the presence of a model with the filename "Paste_Pusher_Animal_Bear.gcode" caused it to refuse to print any model - when I renamed it everything started working. Buffer overflow from too long a filename? Will look into it.
    Last edited by neftaly; 08-21-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Insider
    Tried to print the internals for my baby hopper, only mildly successful. I don't think the printer is that much at fault. Still need to work on the Gcode and get calibration right. Also want to try using different (better quality?) ABS and PLA filament. The scale looks good though, might be able to get a decently sized 50 rounder after all.

(photo is super small cause of phone)

The auger didn't come out particularly round, not that much of an issue though. The inside has "knobs" from the automatically generated support material which is no good, as it needs to be able to spin freely. I might put a removable pillar inside and see how it works. Will probably have to be a part that you run a drill bit though for a clean surface though.

The "special sauce" part was okay, though the little clips and holes didn't come out very well. Unfortunatly it's small and complicated - would come out great on an injection moulder . I may have to do it in a different way.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
    Tried to print the internals for my baby hopper, only mildly successful. I don't think the printer is that much at fault. Still need to work on the Gcode and get calibration right. Also want to try using different (better quality?) ABS and PLA filament. The scale looks good though, might be able to get a decently sized 50 rounder after all.

(photo is super small cause of phone)

The auger didn't come out particularly round, not that much of an issue though. The inside has "knobs" from the automatically generated support material which is no good, as it needs to be able to spin freely. I might put a removable pillar inside and see how it works. Will probably have to be a part that you run a drill bit though for a clean surface though.

The "special sauce" part was okay, though the little clips and holes didn't come out very well. Unfortunatly it's small and complicated - would come out great on an injection moulder . I may have to do it in a different way.

Looks pretty cool. Are you designing shells too?
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Insider
    I know the rough size of the outside but I only want to focus on the feed system. Hopefully I can convince Alex to donate his Ravern as a 100 rounder

It won't use separate parts like a contemporary force fed. The entire feed system (aside from the 2 parts I posted and a small arm cover) will be directly integrated into the body, to save space. Unfortunately this means I can't put any specs up for body design until the feed is 100% finished. It would be difficult to mass produce the body on an injection moulder though I'll keep it in consideration.

In theory it's all CAD'ed out BTW, though I'm only using a placeholder feed tray design, and need to improve the auger paddles. The electronics are finished and have been tested (it has 2 buttons, one for on/off and one for unjam) though the power situation could be improved.
    Last edited by neftaly; 08-21-2013 at 08:38 PM.

My company just added 3D printers from 3D Systems to our product lineup. I have access to a ProJet 3500HD Max, a ProJet 460 Plus, and a CubeX Duo. Might be able to get a few parts printed off if you can't get them to workout on your machine.
    Also, Simon, this is Jeremy your former Dell rep when you were at Kee. I've moved on to a different company as well.

Hey Jeremy,

That's cool. The CubeX is one of the units I was looking at.

I might have some small parts you can run as a test for me to help me make my purchasing decision.

So who are you working for now?

Drop me an e-mail. simon@inceptiondesigns

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Hey Jeremy,

That's cool. The CubeX is one of the units I was looking at.

I might have some small parts you can run as a test for me to help me make my purchasing decision.

So who are you working for now?

Drop me an e-mail. simon@inceptiondesigns
    Email sent! v

Received and replied to. Now tell me another company where you get that kind of service at 10pm on a Holiday night.