Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manik-e-mag

Talking Manik-e-mag

Since Simon and I were chatting about the Manik-e-mag in my John Sosta Xmag build, I decided it would be appropiate to dedicate this thread to the manik-e-mag!!! From my understanding this marker was cut and carved 10+ years ago.

This was designed, based on an Idea from Bill Mills from Warpig, at the World Cup 2001. It was designed live on the AGD stand. People walking passed saw it developing.

Body with Battery Pack CAD:

Battery Pack CAD:

Front Battery Pack CAD:

Patio Picture:

Patio Picture 2:

Simon, feel free to chime in about the build. I would love to see if we could get some updated pictures of it.

Very cool. I have some better pictures of the machined battery pack, (not the CNC prototype one you see in the photo's).

That frame got left behind and nabbed by John Sosta (it later turned up on one of his own private guns) but it was the first of the lightened frames I cut, hence the SS001 serial number I put on it. SS standing for Simon Stevens.

I still have all the other parts and have recently been trying to find my original CAD work so I can finish the module and get the gun built up. Now I have my own CNC mill there is a chance it will get finished.

Insider
    ... you could probably make a small fortune fabbing up replacement Xmag feed modules...

dear lord i remember that thing

I'm new around here and just poking around a bit, but I really like some of the things I have seen so far. This is just amazing though.

Welcome to my forums! There is a lot of stuff like this going on, and there will be more as time moves. The insider section probably has somethings that would be even more interesting to you...

Sometimes It's hard to believe that I did that gun nearly 13 years ago!

I can never remember seeing it assembled. I how was the weight was compared to a CNC X-mag?

Quote Originally Posted by pbpixels View Post

Simon, feel free to chime in about the build. I would love to see if we could get some updated pictures of it.
    If you are lucky, maybe he will bring it with him to Tunaball 7
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

It still isn't totally finished. I did all of the parts except for the modules and have been trying to find the CAD so I can finish the modules. It's on my list of projects but it is behind everything I have going on for the new company.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It still isn't totally finished. I did all of the parts except for the modules and have been trying to find the CAD so I can finish the modules. It's on my list of projects but it is behind everything I have going on for the new company.

Breech cad huh? Give me five minutes brb..
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.