Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Starting off Car discussions for the Motorheads... my 06 VW GTI.

Insider
    So I got a tip from a fellow VW enthusiast... and made a call to VW of America... and apparently... get this: This part has a special extended warranty to 10 years 120k miles...

So I'm like HOLY SHIT my car might get fixed for freeeee! (relatively speaking)

Going to be making more calls tomorrow... including my Ford salesman... the new Focus ST has as much power stock as my GTI did modded... with a warranty!

Insider
    If you're going to pay that much for an ST get a V6 mustang that gets similar gas mileage and way more power. ST's look cool and all but at the end of the day... they aren't faster than many cars. Prolly has some potential though.

Insider
    Speaking of Fast Fords, I had this for a few months. Stunning car.

IMAG0526.jpg
    IMAG0527.jpg
    IMAG0528.jpg
    IMAG0529.jpg

Insider
    Speaking of Fast Fords, I had this for a few months. Stunning car.
    I unhappy with them for not bringing it over here.

I am hoping they bring over the GDI...

Brother in law is buying a 2013 boss 302 in a few days, I will admit I am just a wee bit jealous but he's getting deployed next year so he deserves it...

Quote Originally Posted by 98Pro View Post
    If you're going to pay that much for an ST get a V6 mustang that gets similar gas mileage and way more power. ST's look cool and all but at the end of the day... they aren't faster than many cars. Prolly has some potential though.
    But not nearly as much space :/

Replacing my wrangler sometime this year, Really wanted the mustang, but it just doesn't have the space I need to carry gear for work. ST on the other hand I can fit everything and still have some room.

Wayne
    Just played the car hand-me-down game last night. The wife got a brand new Dodge Journey SXT with the 3.6. We rented one to drive from Vail to Albuquerque (and back) for the college bowl game that was there mid December. We really enjoyed the vehicle. So, she got that, I get her 04 Ford Escape (134k miles on the 3.0 v6), which is in my opinion the best car I've ever driven for what I want in a vehicle. I'm going to sell my 05 Dodge SRT-4 to put towards the Journey.

The SRT is a blast, but I can't do any projects with it (like bringing pallets to the renegade filed I play at once a month) and it hardly fits my PB bag. Now I'll not have to deal with that.

Insider
    The SRT is a blast, but I can't do any projects with it
    That, and 6 kids, is why we have a Suburban. Love it.

Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    That, and 6 kids, is why we have a Suburban. Love it.
    I love your sticker BTW.