Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Starting off Car discussions for the Motorheads... my 06 VW GTI.

Insider
    I love your sticker BTW.
    I guess we are locally famous because of it? A couple of our friends have told us others have brought it up as being "the Red Suburban with THE sticker' type thing. In one case we met a woman who's boss had told her about it before she met us - then she put one and one together.

And we only have had it a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
    Just played the car hand-me-down game last night. The wife got a brand new Dodge Journey SXT with the 3.6. We rented one to drive from Vail to Albuquerque (and back) for the college bowl game that was there mid December. We really enjoyed the vehicle. So, she got that, I get her 04 Ford Escape (134k miles on the 3.0 v6), which is in my opinion the best car I've ever driven for what I want in a vehicle. I'm going to sell my 05 Dodge SRT-4 to put towards the Journey.

The SRT is a blast, but I can't do any projects with it (like bringing pallets to the renegade filed I play at once a month) and it hardly fits my PB bag. Now I'll not have to deal with that.
    is it clean? a clean unmodded untrashed srt4 is becoming really really rare. the ACRs are even more rare.

Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    is it clean? a clean unmodded untrashed srt4 is becoming really really rare. the ACRs are even more rare.
    Sort of. The bad part is that it has a restored title and the desert sun has not been kind to the topside paint. It is stock aside from the blowoff plate (stock is a bypass valve, so the plate turns it into a blowoff valve) and then there are the Motegi Trak Lites that I put on.

bought some 15x8 6uls from my miata friend for use on my spyder. got a 1 inch (big) front bar coming in, already have the crash bolts, so a nice aggressive alignment, and it should be a pretty decent STR car. maybe over the summer some cheap coils and a cat back, but i think it should do pretty good.

Out of all the cars I have ever owned (last count was 20+), my favorate to drive is the 1st year Mazda Miata MX5! Still got her. I will get some pictures up as soon as I get her out of the garage & give her a wash down & wax. She is still bone stock with 130K on the dial except for the paint, that was resprayed in 2008. Came out of central FL, so the top is totally shot & my head rest on the seats are dry rotted from the sun. She handles like a dream tho! Super fun to drive! It loves the curves & pull awsome after 4500rpm! Almost cant tell its a little 4 banger in the higher rpms, I mean really little 4 banger(1.6L). Unfortunatly I live in NW Indiana so not alot of curvy roads. I can't remember for sure but I am either the 3rd or 4th owner of this lil go kart. Here is the part you will all hate me for, I picked her up for $120 off of my dad. All because he didn't want to drive it back to FL. Weekend paintball trips are a little tight in her. Have to limit my gear to the bare min but its worth it. I get alot of laughs cuz I'm 6ft tall 250lbs & people just cant seem to think I can fit in it! But supprisingly I dont feel cramped at all.

I hope to be able to get some new rims this year & hopefully a turbo from Flyin Miata. And a new top!

I promis I will get picks up soon.
    Weapons of choice: a Sniper & Fuzzy Bunny Slippers!