Thread: Magwell CAD

Magwell CAD

So I'm looking specifically for files or even just drawings relating to the Dye DAM mag and magwell system, but any mag system would be good to have a look at. The idea being that I could make a magwell that'll accept DAM mags. Anyone know how to get hold of that sort of thing? I'm not thinking it's likely but worth a shot
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Part of me regrets not reverse engineering the DAM Magwell when I had mine.

If I can find a mag somewhere for cheap I'll send it out to my buddy and get it scanned. Anyone got one? If we can get a magwell too... I could get him to knock it out also.

I could get you a mag and maybe a mag well at PBE if you can wait a month...

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post
    I could get you a mag and maybe a mag well at PBE if you can wait a month...
    Sounds good.

It may be gone a little while for my buddy to scan it, and it will end up with white powder on it... but we should be able to clean that off. Just wanted to make sure you knew what the parts would be in for

Insider
    I should have a RP machine at that time also - so I wouldn't mind a copy. It is small enough I could bring it...

Supports Inception Designs
    I know this thread is a little older, and you stated that you'd prefer DAM mags. I drew up the Hammer 7 so I have the magwell from that if you're inter thread

Insider
    Are you guys still looking for a DYE Dam for scanning? I don't play that often and I'd love to get the magwell scanned...if you have the resources I have a DAM. I'd just like some assurances of reasonably quick turnaround.

I've been talking to the guys at Stark Pursuits and they are talking about open sourcing a mag well design that takes their high capacity TipX magazines.

I should give them a nudge and see what they can post up in the open source forums

Anything new on magwells?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I've been talking to the guys at Stark Pursuits and they are talking about open sourcing a mag well design that takes their high capacity TipX magazines.

I should give them a nudge and see what they can post up in the open source forums
    Yeesh been a while - anything ever end up happening with the stark opensource magwell? This whole thing got put on hold while real life kicked me around some, but back into it now. Looking to combine my cosmetic design skills with paintball somehow and seems like as good a time as any. Just need a project to learn solidworks better with.

Though zeta are one of the more expensive magazines so not sure it'll suit (NZD $65 each *ouch*). Looking at Dmags but not a huge fan of the design - seems to require metal in the magwell. Hrmm. Honestly the best designed magwell system right now seems to be the DAM, just that those mags are huuuge...
    Last edited by vijil; 03-06-2014 at 02:37 AM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies