Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like we are PBNation famous. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

Yeah, I am a little surprised about reusing the Torque name. I'd be careful about that especially since they may have claim to it. Anyone remember the Diablo Fiasco? That was all due to the NPS owning the name of Richmond's new company.

The response so far on PBN seems to be positive, I'm excited to see it all at Extravaganza.

I'm more curious about what you ended up doing for grips?

I do think you need to post some pictures of how the outside looks as soon as you feel comfortable. Maybe in the insiders section?

Insider
    Sorry guys - been busier then I expected!

Internals will be shown in a few weeks, with a teardown.

Steadian - I hope so. I will be talking to some store from Canadia here at Expo, and if you are in Vancouver the guys at Go Big will have it. Good guys there.

jonotwist - If you keep it here in this forum, yes.

sumorai - I named it Torque first! I decided to call it that based on all the calculations I was doing for energy and surface force. in/lbs this, in/lbs that - all measures of torque... I at least have a cool logo for it:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...22037850_n.png

98pro - the HE is kinda just backup. Making sure it does a full cycle. We can do all of that, but we would need a different type of HE sensor - and we are working on it. This is a simple backup design. What we do plan to have is a 'analog' version at some point. With this design though we don't need to time dwell. My reply at another point was:

“The long and short of it is the system on the mechanical side just needs enough dwell. Over running the dwell doesn't result in any more velocity or air loss. Basically at 6ms of dwell you get bolt movement, at 7ms a near full shot, at 8ms you get a full shot, and 9ms-255ms you have exactly the same air usage and velocity. But sometimes 8ms is finicky, and sometimes it is cold out, or you gooped paint bad. The HE sensor is in there just to let you get through. Unlike almost every other gun, dwell/velocity don't really have a correlation, and dialing in the shot by the ms doesn't make as much sense. Dialing in the dwell to make sure it shoots is an advantage, but with this we just have the added HE bit to make sure every shot is exactly the same. No matter the conditions. So, no FSDO, No hot fps as the dwell is raised to compensate for FSDO, no cold weather problems, no oil based broken field paint slowing it down. I have had the bolt nearly seize in the test guns and still get a near full velocity shot. The HE just makes sure it keeps truckin, no matter what. If the HE fails it reverts to 12ms or so, and it will rock almost any condition.”

Insider
    I can do some internal pics. I have some VERY old ones floating around of the old action. Let me find those. In the insiders section.

Your logo is cool, but first public use is likely to be most important. Did you call it torque on the forums before the Spurlock loader?

Insider
    Yeah, I am a little surprised about reusing the Torque name. I'd be careful about that especially since they may have claim to it.
    They don't have the trademark for it. We filed for it. Now they can't bring it back... ha!

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    They don't have the trademark for it. We filed for it. Not they can't bring it back... ha!
    Awesome. Glad to hear it.

damn Josh. congrats. hope you can take a chunk of the market for your new gun. and does this have anything to do with your Shiva?

Insider
    No, except I designed this to raise money to do the Shiva.

Which has had quite a few 'refinement' added to it. I have 1 gun I want to launch before the Shiva. The Shiva will be a killer.

Insider
    Okay, secret initial drawing in the insiders forum. Old, old! But the piston is 90% the same. I can explain it further, just need to get the pics to pop up, and I will post more.