Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like we are PBNation famous. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

The physicist in me wants to point out that "surface force" is still a force (newtons). Energy is pressure*volume or Newtons*meters. Unless you define a lever arm, axis of rotation or write a full inertia tensor, it's not a torque.

/physics rant

Insider
    Well, shuffling a piston back and forth, dialing in a certain force for each travel was a figure for the torque. It might not fit... I have 7lbs forward and back, but that is tune-able by some changes in the design.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    I have 7lbs forward and back, but that is tune-able by some changes in the design.
    Which is why LPRs should be banished from paintball forever.

Glad to see this gun coming to the market. I remember when Doc posted the photos on pbnation. I wish I could go to PBE. How long do you think it will be before these will be able to go to market? Also, Have you thought of doing a sealed top tube/bolt, something similar to how the RX works?
    Last edited by evil_racecocker; 02-02-2013 at 02:48 PM.

As a marketing guy I would warn against using the torque name regardless of who owns it or came up with it first or whatever. Public perception is always far more important than technical fact. That said it may be too late.

Otherwise....

Looks like a cnc machine had dirty monkey sex with a hunk of aluminium
    Last edited by vijil; 02-02-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by vijil View Post
    Looks like a cnc machine had dirty monkey sex with a hunk of aluminium
    I kindly request permission to use this in future product threads on PBN.

Insider
    Which is why LPRs should be banished from paintball forever.
    I like them for some designs, but in this layout it made no sense. I can dial it all in without, so... Keep it simple.

As a marketing guy I would warn against using the torque name regardless of who owns it or came up with it first or whatever. Public perception is always far more important than technical fact. That said it may be too late.
    Short of on here, only one other post made mention of that, and it was lost in the sands of internets.

When I asked, well, a ton of people, that name did better then a few of my favorite ones, including Naphtha, which I like, but most people have no clue what it means. (Pronounced like Naf-Tha.) Almost nobody remembers the loader.

How long do you think it will be before these will be able to go to market? Also, Have you thought of doing a sealed top tube/bolt, something similar to how the RX works?
    I am hoping end of March/Early April.

I don't want to steal their concept, but I love it. I might do something like that later.

Insider
    that soon? i raise fire water to you so murphy and his rules stay at bay.
    the condensed design is very, well... ideal. simple. heck it may even have fewer orings than my mini sniper.
    the little that goes on in it really has me hooked.

I really like how simple it is. I hope murphy is on a vacation for you guys. I would love to pick one up and put it through its paceses at a big game we have here in OR twice a yr (3 day game that I go through around 7 casses).

Quote Originally Posted by evil_racecocker View Post
    I hope murphy is on a vacation for you guys.
    Murphy never takes vacations.