Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Looks like we are PBNation famous. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

Hey Josh, will J4 be making it to any Chicago events?

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That's a great idea... I should tape up an autococker and pretend its a new gun from Empire...

hint hint...?

That would be good times...

Insider
    Looks like a nasty weekend, but we might shoot anyways. Well, by nasty, I mean partly cloudy and 65, with a chance of light mist. Though Friday looks like it is 75... Hmm...

Hey Josh, will J4 be making it to any Chicago events?
    Yes! The numbers guy is based out of Chicago. I really want to catch Living Legends this year.

Living Legends is definitely a game worth making!

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Yes! The numbers guy is based out of Chicago. I really want to catch Living Legends this year.
    Awesome, I really want to take a look up close.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Living Legends is definitely a game worth making!
    would love to make it this year...is it coinciding with any of the major events again? wasn't it same weekend as NPPL last year?

Josh, I know one of the prototypes that Doc did a few years ago used merlin extrusion, is your production body based off merlin extrusion (Evil thoughts as I look at the 20ft of merlin extrusion at my shop)? Also, Is it going to be gas thru-frame, or use Macro?

It's set up right now as a macroless design with the air run through the frame.

Insider
    Josh, I know one of the prototypes that Doc did a few years ago used merlin extrusion, is your production body based off merlin extrusion (Evil thoughts as I look at the 20ft of merlin extrusion at my shop)? Also, Is it going to be gas thru-frame, or use Macro?
    No, it wasn't a Merlin extrusion. The lower diameter is actually quite a bit smaller and a merlin will not work. The bottom tube is stepped, the front using a size -014 oring, the back using a size -013, and the piston tip using a -011.

I did have the versions I did earlier made in a merlin body, one of both the ATF and VTF versions (add to fire, vent to fire) but Lee of Punishers customs made one, and then did a little work to another body, which I finished. The design and layout of those is radically different in layout and internals, and no parts would go between them and the current design.

And Tim is on it - this is a macroless gun. The foregrip is just a volume chamber - there are no internals there. There is no airline to the front in the grip either - the only air connections are up the grip into a manifold in the rear.

This design is quite different then anything I have seen. Part of the time involved was trying to simplify is, and then the guess work, since this was really outside the bounds of any gun made. The balancing of the parts, surface sizes, action, flow rates I had to crash course myself on. And there wasn't any way to test it short of building it.

After doing that, it is easy to understand why not many people really try for somethign radically new! Ha!

Insider

Lightbulb

No, it wasn't a Merlin extrusion. The lower diameter is actually quite a bit smaller and a merlin will not work. The bottom tube is stepped, the front using a size -014 oring, the back using a size -013, and the piston tip using a -011.

I did have the versions I did earlier made in a merlin body, one of both the ATF and VTF versions (add to fire, vent to fire) but Lee of Punishers customs made one, and then did a little work to another body, which I finished. The design and layout of those is radically different in layout and internals, and no parts would go between them and the current design.

And Tim is on it - this is a macroless gun. The foregrip is just a volume chamber - there are no internals there. There is no airline to the front in the grip either - the only air connections are up the grip into a manifold in the rear.

This design is quite different then anything I have seen. Part of the time involved was trying to simplify is, and then the guess work, since this was really outside the bounds of any gun made. The balancing of the parts, surface sizes, action, flow rates I had to crash course myself on. And there wasn't any way to test it short of building it.

After doing that, it is easy to understand why not many people really try for somethign radically new! Ha!

Lets add some of these just for Simon: