Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Axe isn't accepting Shockwave boards?

My Axe isn't accepting Shockwave boards?

Alright, so I figured it's about time to start a new thread away from my Z2 that was fixed a while ago.
    So here it is, my Axe (that came with the Optimus board when I got it) won't take the Shockwave board.
    What I mean is, I just got my second shockwave board in the mail today, and it is doing the same thing that the first one did. When I turn on the gun (with eyes on) and shoot, the solenoid clicks, then the board shuts off. All the prongs are fine. And I don't think I could have gotten 2 bad shockwave boards, so it must be something on my end I'm assuming. I've tried multiple batteries with the same results. With the Shockwave board, I can get into the modes and everything, the solenoid will click and stay on when the eyes are off, just when the eyes are on the board shuts off.
    Maybe my eyes are saying they are malfunctioning? So they are dirty or something? I will try to clean them without messing them up.

I also just noticed, On both boards (Optimus and Shockwave) with new batteries and eyes on, the light blinks red, then when I put my finger to activate the eyes, the red light blinks faster or two blinks at a time (to indicate a ball in the breach) so could that mean there is something wrong with my eye board that's making it blink red? Because I always thought that it blinked red if the batteries were low and I've only put new ones in and it still blinks red.

bump?..

Insider
    Yeah red on the shockwave means low battery. Make sure your battery harness is good.

Red with brand new and brand name batteries seems strange. Which batteries are you using?

Something strange is going on and it's not going to be easy to diagnose it via the internet unfortunately.

I think it may need to go to the techs with the shockwave board in it and a description of the issues for them to work it all out.

Insider
    My friends board did it when his battery harness was bad. My theory is people use more sire than plastic to pull the battery out and wear that connection out.

It could be possible if the wire is fraying but not yet broken...

Quote Originally Posted by 98Pro View Post
    Yeah red on the shockwave means low battery. Make sure your battery harness is good.
    How do you tell if the battery harness is good? I could post up a picture, but where/ what angle should I take the picture at?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Red with brand new and brand name batteries seems strange. Which batteries are you using?

Something strange is going on and it's not going to be easy to diagnose it via the internet unfortunately.

I think it may need to go to the techs with the shockwave board in it and a description of the issues for them to work it all out.
    I was using brand new energizer batteries, and then I went and bought some new duracell batteries and same thing.
    I really don't want to ship my Axe in, I can use the Optimus board, it works fine. Maybe I should try getting a new battery harness like 98Pro was saying.

Does the optimius board have it's own battery wire on it, or are you swapping it between boards as you swap them out?

Typically the wiring harness can go bad in two locations, at the connector to the board (most common as people pull the connector out by the wires instead or by the plug) or at the cap that attaches to the battery (hard to see inside and tell if this is the issue).

Ross can definitely hook you up with a battery connector.

I've been swapping the harness between boards. I could have puleld something, but I try to pull the harness from the plug, but its small so I could have accidentaly ruined something. I could try a new harness, it would be worth it and a simple fix if that was the problem.