Thread: New z2 software

New z2 software

I got a replacement board for my z2 today. I wanted to turn down the speed to 2. When in programming I noticed an extra setting. Now after the blue light for rf, there is another bluish/white led set to 3. Does anyone know what this setting is?

Ooops. That reminds me, I need to update the information on how to adjust the board.

We added some more options for fine tuning the loader with the latest code.

Thanks, I thought I had missed something. Let me know when its updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Ooops. That reminds me, I need to update the information on how to adjust the board.

We added some more options for fine tuning the loader with the latest code.
    Nice.

Any update on what that last setting is on the new z2 software?

Prophecy Z2 Electronics Instructions V1.1

Note - You can tell the version of the software when you enter self test mode. The green and red light will flash according to the version. Green light indicate major version ie. 1 green flash = 1.X . Red light indicates minor version ie. 1 red flash = X.1. Version 1.1 = 1 green flash 1 red flash.

Programming Mode – for changing settings

How to enter programming mode:
    1) Remove loader the back plate. Not required but it is easier to see the lights and press the buttons this way.
    2) With loader turned on first press and hold reverse button (left button) then press and hold forward button (right button).
    3) Hold both buttons until the green light begins to flicker.
    4) While green light is flickering release first the reverse button (left button) then release the forward button (right button). The loader is now in programming mode.

Exit programming mode: Programming mode will exit after about 5 seconds of inactivity or if the power switch is flipped off.

Programming mode Controls:
    Reverse Button (left button) - Tap to go to next setting
    Forward Button (right button) – Tap number of times to set the value of a setting.

While in programming mode the amber light on the left will blink the current value of the setting selected. The setting selected is indicated by the Red, Green and Blue lights located on the right (see below for color and setting key).

There are 5 settings which can be changed each indicated by different color lights. The settings are Speed, Sound Sensitivity, Stack Sensing, RF On/Off, and Jam Sensitivity.

Speed – Green Light: Speed can be set from 1-6 with 6 being fastest. Default is 4. The default setting is capable of 20+ bps and is suitable for most playing conditions. Turn down to extend battery life or up for maximize rate of fire.

Sound Sensitivity – Red + Green Light: Sound can be set from 1-6 with 6 being most sensitive. Default is 5 which is suitable for most markers. Turn up if your marker is very quiet. Turn down if the loader is being activated to easily.

Stack Monitoring – Red Light: 1 = Off, 2 = On. Turning off this setting will make the loader press harder on the ball stack which could be useful for reballs. Turning this on maximizes battery life and allows the loader to be more gentle on paint. WARNING - DO NOT TURN THIS SETTING OFF IF USING VERY FRAGILE PAINTBALLS. It is best to leave this setting on at all times.

RF – Blue Light: 1 = Off, 2 = On. This setting enables or disables the loader to communicate with the Empire RF Link Kit. An Empire RF Link Kit but be installed to use RF functionality and the RF setting must be On.

Unjam Sensitivity – Blue + Green Light: Unjam Sensitivity can be set from 1-4 with 4 being most sensitive. Setting 1 is very low sensitivity and the loader will not attempt to clear most jams. A more sensitive setting is more likely to try to clear jams. Default setting is 3.

Programming example – Setting Sound sensitivity to 2: Enter programming mode. Tap Reverse button (left button) until the red and green lights are illuminated. Once the amber light on the left has stopped blinking tap the Forward button (right button) twice. The wait until you see the amber light blink twice to verify setting is saved. The sound sensitivity is now set to 2.