Thread: Prophecy stack force?

Insider

Prophecy stack force?

I sifted through some of the PBNation threads on the prophecy and looked at the videos, but one question is still bothering me and it seems like this might be the place to ask it.

How does the one adjust stack force on the prophecy? I get that magnets are used to set the clutch breakaway force...does the board just monitor for clutch slip and stop spinning the motor when the clutch slips? Ie, just pull magnets and stack tension is automagically reduced?

Bonus round: What exactly is "Ball Stack Tension Monitoring" doing? Does it electronically monitor torque somehow? via power applied?

I ask these questions because I'm in search of a softer loader. After taking a 5 year break I picked up a new DYE marker and the eye pipe detents seem soft. My Halo B was pushing balls past them initially, I swapped them out and things are better, but the originals weren't obviously broken which has me concerned that after a while the new ones will wear in and I'll have another soupy mess telling me it's time to replace detents again. Rinse, wash, break, repeat. I'd much rather solve the problem at the loader and go for a lower force option. Square one seems to be understanding how to dial these uber-loaders back to the bare minimum.

Thanks!

Aww man, I'm sorry it took so long for me to see this.

That's a username I haven't seen in a long time! Hope things are good, and glad to see you here.

I suspect you have already made a decision but just in case, the info you want is below

Instructions for adusting the Z2 can be found here http://inceptionforums.com/showthrea...ull=1#post8341

For the Prophecy the magnets and clutch are really there to reduce the shockload when the stack stops and the drive is still running. The board monitors for the increase in load on the motor as the drive starts being resisted. This is set electronically. The shockload (often more important) is reduced by removing magnets so the clutch can move more easily when it goes from spinning quickly to the drive stopping. It may only slip a fraction but it's enough to save a paintball.

Yes Stack Tension Monitoring measure the load and current through the motor so it can tell when it's stalled and control the power to it during that time and the point at which the power is shut off.

You can dial back the Z2/Prophecy as far as you want. The new Z2 shouldn't need any adjustments out of the box, as it is intelligent and self tunes, but if you want to adjust the levels to which it sets itself for the instructions are in the link I posted above.

Insider
    Yup, that's me....circa Warpig / Doc's Machine...Cool website you've got going here. Might kill more of my time than I'd like

Thanks for the link.

Insider
    2xFast! Long time no see! How has the world been treating ya?

Insider
    Good. Got married, had a kid, tooks some time off...Saw the DAM come on the market and got impulsive. I think it's going to be a lot like my purchase of a PVI shocker way back when....cool, but 2/3 baked and heavy.

I see the work on the "Shiva" is nearing completion, way cool! I'd be in line right now if I hadn't blown my budget on the DAM.

Congrats on getting married and having a kid. I got married but no plans for kids yet. Too much to do right now anyway

The DAM is definitely an interesting gun. Will be interested to see how you like it. We do have a thread on it somewhere. First strike rounds are definitely AWESOME. I am huge fan of them

Insider
    Congrats on getting married! I actually just eloped the poor girl in my life. But I am up to 6 kids so hurry up.

I see the work on the "Shiva" is nearing completion, way cool!
    Actually, that comes later. This is another beast...