Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any thought on the "VCOM"?

Any thought on the "VCOM"?

Dual Engine Victory
    Comes with 2 motors;
    (1) New butter smooth SPOOLIE Engine assembly
    and
    (1) Original HE Inline Poppet Engine assembly
    Now paintballers can have the best of both worlds, all in one package.
    2 Guns-in-one!
    Just switch engines, reset pressures and your ready to go.
    Spoolie engines are backwards compatible and will be available for purchase separately for all previous Victory models.
    Specs:
    ■Inline pressure 155 psi
    ■Cocking pressure 70 psi
    ■Velocity 300 fps
    ■Efficiency 1,100-1,500 shots per 68/4500 tank

Kind of funny that this is being released. When ever I have spoken with Bob he always seemed against "Spoolies".

Insider
    Heard about that. Smart on his side - he had a staked tube poppet and inline poppet, inline spooler now.

But I highly suspect his stacked tube spool I heard he was working on at the same time I heard about the VCOM might be popping up also.

Don't want to do a C&D.

Hopefully this drop in engine works better than the 1st Victory engine did. We had one here and it was horrible, sent it in to be looked at and they put the new engine in and charged us for it. Sorry, but if you put out a product that does not work and you know it does not work, how in the hell can you charge somebody for the parts to make it work? And after that I was still not a happy with the way the gun shot.

I bet it's just a shocker type engine wedged in a victory, based solely on the orientation of the victory engine/lp input positioning. Maybe with some unbalancing and a spring to improve efficiency.

I've known about this for about 2 weeks now. Ill have mine at PBE if anyone wants to play around with it. Dust Titanium and Gloss Purple is going to look sexxxxy....

Insider
    pote, any info on what the drive is like?

Not that I know much, but it's a dump valve. But it looks like the bolt 'tail' is what releases the air... it also looks like there's some killer expansion space where the bolt sits when at rest. Possible cause for crappy efficiency?

From the video posted in the thread about it on PBN it looks like a ram driven L7 style spool. Not the most efficient system to emulate, but they are very smooth.

IMO - They should've gone with a more shocker style bolt.