Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any thought on the "VCOM"?

It is pretty shocker-esque.

I've thought about doing swappable engines in the past, and even built guns with that being possible (the original Vanquish), but really I wasn't convinced that it was worth it.

Most people nowadays don't like to adjust or tune the one set up they have. Having to do two seems like they would just pick the one they like the most and leave it.

I worried that they would end up with a compromise system rather than one truly designed to be the best of it's type that it could be.

Is it any easier with this gun to set the pressures correctly? Or do you still need the pressure tester system to do that?

It is great for people that already have a Victory, but want a spool style gun now, and don't care about the loss in efficiency. Not sure how big that market is. Maybe big enough to keep more Victories in use and help sway the purchasing decision?

The new V-com is a really good deal from the end user stand point because you are paying $1250 like the original v2's but now you are getting: Oled board, KO Trigger, extended reg, 2-pc barrel, and both engines along with all new milling. The two engines do run at slightly different pressures so to fully optimize the numbers you should use the pressure tester, however its not entirely necessary. It also creates a great market for guys with older vics (v1, v2, ripper, Not Marqs tho) to upgrade to whole new platform without giving up the gun they already have. I had 4 of my customers call me yesterday asking me 50 million questions. The one has a ripper the other a v1, the other two are wanting to get vics again after selling their old ones....I think its going to be a big boost to Bob & crew....

Very cool. It will be interesting to set up two guns side by side and exactly the same other than the motor swop and see how they compare.

Do you think your customers just want a spool valve gun, or do you think they will use both set ups?

The concept is very cool. I hope it works well in the field. I would also love to see Bob with a competitive pro team again. I was never a fan of needing a pressure tester to get the gun setup and working properly and the fact that they where sold out and hard to get. ;(

I think they will prolly use both for a while then get lazy and use whichever one works the best for their play style. As a back player I prolly won't be using the spool that much but then again we usually don't get sucked into long drawn out points so who knows

Supports Inception Designs
    I'm very interested in seeing this new engine up close, I had heard about it at the beginning of January. I think it's just what the BL crew needed to get the interest back up in the Victory platform...

I talked to Zach last week and he said the standard black engines should be ready this week sometime. They also plan on going over them in their tech class at PBE he said which makes me want to take it even though I already have a Vic V1 and can get the new engine at dealer cost. Super curious as to how they shoot side-by-side.

The annoying thing I am not a fan of with the BL markers is that they are so pressure setting dependent now...like Ross (TheBoss) said, never been a huge fan of needing a pressure tester for my markers...I have seen them where if they were off by 20psi they would perform like crap but re-set them to factory and they were consistent and super efficient...

oh well, we will see how this pans out. There was another rumor (that's not to be repeated) I heard that Bob is working on a new platform similar to the G6 but smaller (thinner)...but that's really all I heard, maybe there will be more info at the end of the month.

My first thought was "why". I just don't really see how this will add in any way to the paintball experience for the average player. On further reflection I suppose the market is mostly tinker types who like to mess with and customise their gear but ultimately it's still a gimmick. A cool gimmick that doesn't offer any real practical benefit even if it is an impressive technical achievement. It's really just a tech demo for marketing purposes.

I suppose I'm thinking the torque looks like a better idea that's actually trying to achieve the best of both spool and poppet worlds = practically useful. I'd take a torque over this any day.
    Last edited by vijil; 02-11-2013 at 03:31 AM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

if someone gets one of these, i'd love to barrow it for kick testing. should allow us to eliminate a lot of variables and see if we can see anything of value in our kick plots.

Quote Originally Posted by FirePro84 View Post
    I'm very interested in seeing this new engine up close, I had heard about it at the beginning of January. I think it's just what the BL crew needed to get the interest back up in the Victory platform...

I talked to Zach last week and he said the standard black engines should be ready this week sometime. They also plan on going over them in their tech class at PBE he said which makes me want to take it even though I already have a Vic V1 and can get the new engine at dealer cost. Super curious as to how they shoot side-by-side.

The annoying thing I am not a fan of with the BL markers is that they are so pressure setting dependent now...like Ross (TheBoss) said, never been a huge fan of needing a pressure tester for my markers...I have seen them where if they were off by 20psi they would perform like crap but re-set them to factory and they were consistent and super efficient...

oh well, we will see how this pans out. There was another rumor (that's not to be repeated) I heard that Bob is working on a new platform similar to the G6 but smaller (thinner)...but that's really all I heard, maybe there will be more info at the end of the month.
    best way to solve this problem, as much as i hate to say it is take the PE approach .... make it seem adjustable.