Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any thought on the "VCOM"?

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    best way to solve this problem, as much as i hate to say it is take the PE approach .... make it seem adjustable.
    It is definitely growing on me.

I seriously doubt the spool will be as sensitive to lpr pressure as the poppet is.

you've never shot a Freestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post
    The new V-com is a really good deal from the end user stand point because you are paying $1250 like the original v2's but now you are getting: Oled board, KO Trigger, extended reg, 2-pc barrel, and both engines along with all new milling. The two engines do run at slightly different pressures so to fully optimize the numbers you should use the pressure tester, however its not entirely necessary. It also creates a great market for guys with older vics (v1, v2, ripper, Not Marqs tho) to upgrade to whole new platform without giving up the gun they already have. I had 4 of my customers call me yesterday asking me 50 million questions. The one has a ripper the other a v1, the other two are wanting to get vics again after selling their old ones....I think its going to be a big boost to Bob & crew....
    So you get more stuff for the same price now. Does that mean he was gouging customers on price before?

From what I saw in the video, the two engines didn't look much different parts-wise. And that milling jobs looks like it'll be a ton of fun to clean if you get shot up, or get dirt in there.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I seriously doubt the spool will be as sensitive to lpr pressure as the poppet is.
    if they don't have a strong biasing signal, they are EXTREMELY touchy on the LPR settings.

Insider
    Looking at it, I see an Ion type airpath being the most likely.

Seems like something ripe for an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    you've never shot a Freestyle...
    The last freestyles were in my opinion one of the best shooting guns when set up right, just annoying to get set up right and very touchy from my experience.

I experimented with some variations on the Freestyle valve system with the slider and got some very impressive cycling results.

Insider
    I wanted to see one thing in the Freestyle: The Desert Fox type air recharge.

I did sketch up a version that had a long tail that would do it. Just was such a short gun, so little room. Great shooting guns, wicked fast.

I would be happier to see the Vanquish be a Simonized version of the FS then another shocker variant. I guess we will find out here in a bit.

Insider
    So, since the the shot count video is up, what are your thoughts? Any magic happening there?

Insider
    Haven't seen it. How many shots?