Thread: Bottle Regulator Pressures

Bottle Regulator Pressures

I have a bottle regulator that is adjustable from 450-850. Is there any benefit/advantage to setting that pressure high or low for use on the Empire Axe?

Is there any benefit/advantage to setting that pressure high or low for use on the Empire Axe... or any marker for that matter? I've always heard that you should at minimum double the operating pressure, but I've never found an explanation for why. I'd be fine to hunt around for the reason, but would love a good starting direction to be pointed in.

You risk shoot down do to the marker starving for air if the tanks reg out put pressure it too close to the guns operating pressure. Especially if the tank does not have a great recharge rate.

I've typically had good results setting the regulator's about 200psi above the operating pressure of the gun. I've never really done detailed testing on it though.

There is no issue running an Axe anywhere between 300-1000psi from what we have seen, but with too low an output it can have a recharge and shoot down issue as Ross pointed out.

I'd run your adjustable tank at 450 psi.

Supports Inception Designs
    I have a friend who uses mags and also got an Axe. He said he was getting problems with his gun not shooting right and once he replaced the noid on it it was fine again...said he went through 2 noids and was still having problems when I asked what kind of tank he was using...

He has one of the Ninja SHP regs and was using it for his Axe as well as his mags outputting ~1200 psi. I just replaced his noid for the 3rd time and couldn't find anything else wrong with the marker. Could the super high tank input be causing the issue even though the reg should be putting it down to the correct pressure? That's the only thing I can think of....

Does not make sense that it would damage the noid. Are you sure he is not getting bad air or adding a oil that maybe he should not to the ASA.

As Ross said, it shouldn't be an issue as long as the main reg on the gun is still working correctly. If it was causing the main reg to spike and have issues, then maybe, but I haven't seen that.

Supports Inception Designs
    It could very well be some other factor...like Dr. House said, trust no one...they never volunteer all the information you need, and most of them are liars ("no...I never touched it!" "...then why are there wrench marks all over it?")

I will ask him a few more questions just to make sure i've got all my bases covered, the original noid that i pulled didn't look like it was bad or had oil residue in it or anything...hmm

could an issue with the electronics (board) be causing the noid to overvolt or something like that?