Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple of PB videos

Insider

A couple of PB videos

Just recently managed to crack 1,000,000 views on my paintball videos, and wanted to share them here incase anybody has managed to avoid them thus far.

I like to try and show the viewer what it feels like the play by getting right behind the player and showing what they can see, and try to give them the same rush as you get from actually playing (in the hope that it'll get some new people into the sport). Only problem is that to do that, I have to soak up a few hundred hits.

I have Adventure Club and AWOLNation now stuck so far into my ears that I don't think I'm ever going to get them out.

Of course, I also use your videos to show new friends that I'm taking to the fields why we will be starting in the woods and/or with new players using rental markers. It only takes about 30 seconds of Shooting Ropes before I hear, "Sneaking through the woods sounds pretty good."

What gear do you use and what do you edit with?

Looks good. I was expecting to see more Macdev guns blasting away.

Insider
    There are quite a few more Clone GT's here (New Zealand) now than there was when most of these were filmed. I personally shoot a GT and love it

All of the GT's in New Zealand still come from the US though (with some exceptions), so they've done quite a few miles by the time they get here!

I film with a 550d/t2i with a mixture of low-end lenses (kit 18-135, 1.8/50mm) - it's basically the cheapest gear possible. Editing is all done in Premiere CS5 with some little bits of AE thrown in every now and then.

My poor camera takes a beating.

Are you running Premiere on your CAD system? I tried running it once on my MBP and felt like slamming it against the wall. Such a system hog.

Insider
    Yep - I have a fairly hefty machine (well it was a couple years ago, needs a few new bits) for CAD so it handles video editing easily. Editing anything on a laptop must be a pain- the more screen real estate you can get the better, I fully use 3x 24" monitors when editing.

Insider
    Really like those vids. Love the music choices too. Really nice work.

great vids. you do get in the action and without the jumping in and out, you are right there in the action.

Nice work.

Awesome videos. People don't realise the amount of work that goes into filming and editing great videos.