Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesla Model S test drive: How to win with facts, Musk Style -

Insider

Tesla Model S test drive: How to win with facts, Musk Style -

http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/most...iar-test-drive

To date, hundreds of journalists have test driven the Model S in every scenario you can imagine. The car has been driven through Death Valley (the hottest place on Earth) in the middle of summer and on a track of pure ice in a Minnesota winter. It has traveled over 600 miles in a day from the snowcapped peaks of Tahoe to Los Angeles, which made the very first use of the Supercharger network, and moreover by no lesser person than another reporter from The New York Times. Yet, somehow John Broder “discovered” a problem and was unavoidably left stranded on the road. Or was he?

After a negative experience several years ago with Top Gear, a popular automotive show, where they pretended that our car ran out of energy and had to be pushed back to the garage, we always carefully data log media drives. While the vast majority of journalists are honest, some believe the facts shouldn’t get in the way of a salacious story. In the case of Top Gear, they had literally written the script before they even received the car (we happened to find a copy of the script on a table while the car was being “tested”). Our car never even had a chance.
    A fantastic read.

I think that a Model S should be sent to TG to test... from what I've heard, it's a COMPLETELY different experience than the roadster.

What an awesome way to be able to call some one a %^&$ing liar.

The part where they called him out for driving circles in a parking lot - and then still not getting it to run dead - was my favorite.

I subscribe to several hotrod, car, truck magazines. I'm always suspect when they have reviews of cars in those. Especially when several magazines review/test drive the same veichle and have completly different results. I'm glad they called the writers BS out.

how can anyone not think that a company, who makes a brand new vehicle, one in which is completely electronic and relies on a mass of computers to not only control nearly every aspect of the car, but to not have a "little black box" to make sure that not only the car is working properly, but to make sure that the car(s) aren't being abused by the people who get to drive/test them FOR FREE?!?!?!?!?!? that technology has been in Le Mans racing for this century at least.

so good for Tesla in providing good press through a shitty reporter.

Seems Broder has posted an official response on the NYT site. I cbf reading it all.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Interesting back and forth going now. For what it's worth, CNN re-ran the test, had no problems, and 40 miles to spare on their meter. Broder's case starts to look weak.

plus he is getting snippy. "Neither he nor the Tesla representative who delivered the car to me provided detailed instructions on maximizing the driving range, the impact of cold weather on battery strength or how to get the most out of the Superchargers or the publicly available lower-power charging ports along the route.", so does a dealership tell you where to get gas at? isn't this the responsibility of the driver? that statement holds nothing but the diarrhea of Broder's mouth(or written word).