Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simon is leaving KEE? What's next?

Unhappy Simon is leaving KEE? What's next?

I read a news post on MCB that Simon is leaving KEE by his own decision. I really hate to see him part with the Mini/Axe platform. I just hope he has another amazing marker up his sleeve.

It said he was taking a break but would be back to the sport eventually. Simon, are you planning to start your own company? I hope that's the plan because we need as many innovative minds in our sport that we can get.

Insider
    He has stated that he is staying in the sport - I think it will be a great move for the industry, and I look forward to working with him in the future, which is starting to look very interesting.

What's Next? I predict some of the coolest shit we have seen in paintball products in a long long time.

Styg

He will no longer be held back design wise and can truly focus on innovation.

I for one CANNOT WAIT to see what comes from this move.

That logo at the top of the forum would make for an awfully cool company logo, wouldn't it?

Indeed it would. Always looks great on my barrel bands.

The gloves are off! Let's sit back and see what happens.

This will be interesting, I have to agree with that. Kee is the biggest company in paintball right now. I would think their R&D budget would be larger than any other pb company as well. I just hope he finds a good company that will let him do what he wants and has the resources to back him up. Or he just starts his own company, which I think we would all love to see that.

the one thing that Simon has, not only his name, but he has friends in the industry and knows what people want want in the sport. so he has a choice in either signing on with an established company to put on his products or try it on his own. only Simon knows what his next move is. we all can assume that Empire dropped the ball, whether by limiting Simon's possible product productions or just by letting him go(yes, i know it was Simon's choice, but if you let the chickens leave the hen house, its your choice for leaving the door open). so let's wait for his pics from his snowboarding expedition and see what he has to say.

Not that this has anything at all to do with Simon specifically, but I think about Tony Stewart. He got a 50% equity share in Haas Racing just for coming on board and taking over the racing side of the company. When in a competative business, sometimes if you've got the name, and you're a proven performer, you can come into a company and take the reins just by knowing what you're doing. Stewart took a team that ran like garbage regularly, and in the third year of being Stewart-Haas Racing, they won the championship in NASCAR's Sprint Cup series.