Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i know he is canadaian, but really, he makes great videos

i know he is canadaian, but really, he makes great videos

I want to go play at that field! Always so muddy though, I just see a knee injury or wall collision in the making for me.

Wayne
    I'm jealous at how often he gets to play.

I like his videos and I think using video of a game or two and then narrating over them with specific subjects is pretty clever. It's a way to talk about a subject and not have your audience feel like they are stuck in a class. His season pass explanation was very well presented.

His home field is way to wet though. I can understand that most people get more rain that I do here, but still, that place is always muddy and I could only handle that for so long before looking elsewhere.
    Last edited by desertT1; 02-21-2013 at 01:42 PM.

i think he is a great voice of an outsider looking in. and so many times these voices are scoffed at or dismissed, mostly because the primary outsiders looking to get in paintball are 13 and 14 year olds.

i grew up with paintball. played my first game at 14, decided to become an engineer because of it, i am a product of paintball and the paintball community (scary eh? ahaha). and becuase of that i (and as an extension us here on this site) really think we know and have seen it all. im an insider looking out, buried in a decade of experience with paintball.

i like his videos because he is a reasoned outsider, looking in. he presents some really unique stuff, and makes me sit and think about my own opinions on the game.

interesting guy, he has some other really great videos too. the one about paintball lessons is an fascinating one.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 02-21-2013 at 02:30 PM.

I think there's an innocence that's still there - I'm thinking of a particular video where he cackles with pure joy as he goes 1 on 1 with a kid half his age (maybe the Dads play Paintball one?). I've hardly been back to the game for long after a long break off, so I feel like he's a kindred spirit having picked the sport up rather recently. Where I've quickly grown jaded to the paintball forums he is still churning out positive messages over and over again.

I wish more people commented on his videos when he posts them and gave him more support. I really want him to keep doing what he's doing.

So is being Canadian a bad thing?

Insider
    So is being Canadian a bad thing?
    Well, if you are an American and ever tried to get Milk at the Bellingham COSTCO, then, yes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1773495.html

http://www.king5.com/video/featured-...166254246.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...canadians.html

It really is kinda overwhelming.
    Last edited by pbjosh; 02-21-2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: linkage!!

Thanks for the links... I was actually really confused how being Canadian is bad for Americans shopping in an american store.

Its the same thing for liquor though. Its so cheap in the US.

I am honored and completely floored by this post....Its me...gmore. Im sooooo!!!!! glad you enjoy my videos...makes me want to keep making more...so thanks!!!

This post just made my day...maybe even week...BIG SMILE!!! And a crazy laugh too!

Welcome to the forums.

I was actually just looking at your videos with streaming via the wifi on the Go Pro. Very cool stuff.

I need to set aside some time to go through your tutorial and do it on my units. I have the Go Pro 2 with WiFi pack back and just picked up a Go Pro 3 black. The battery life on the 3 sucks.