Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll admit it, I was disappointed

I think a mistake was releasing the Vanquish in a gloss color, especially red. The gloss against the rubber looks kind of cheap. A dust black Vanquish would probably look a lot more appealing. A good example is the new dust black Ego which has rubber all over but doesn't have that same cheap look. I think it looks decent besides the anodizing. I feel like Empire used the idea of 'function over form' when it came to designing the Axe so the cosmetics weren't a huge surprise to me.

Jack, what was the reason to run the air like that? Did you not like the idea of having internal airlines in the body and reg? Or was there just not enough space between the frame, LPR, and everything else to squeeze it in?

Did anyone notice if the cocking point of the Resurrection was in the proper place? The Sniper cocked way too early in the pump stroke and I hope the Resurrection doesn't have the same problem. The Resurrection looks like it combines best technology/ergonomics from different autococker that have never seemed to make it into a single cocker before. It's nothing that a few minutes on a mill couldn't fix, but I'd hate to see something simple like that left out when it's such an awesome gun.
    Last edited by minimag03; 02-27-2013 at 12:17 PM.

IIRC, No complete internal routing because you can't take the frame off, air it up and see where leaks are coming from. Jack found a compromise between internal routing and techability

Pneumatics in their current form have peaked, IMHO. The next step is technology (hello it's 2013!). But most companies are doing what they can with what they have. Most can't stop for a few years and innovate something totally new. The bigger companies that can, won't; they all seem to target the higher volume, lower priced items now and are hung up on other issues (just ask Simon).

It's really too bad.

Meanwhile, anyone want to give us some money so we can really disrupt the sport?

You with Andy and Thin Air Sports or something?

IMO - Jack really stopped and innovated for this EGO. I'm highly impressed, especially with the lever design.

Mm the vitriol was definitely worse than I would have expected.

That said I'd personally leave it exactly as is. After some thought I've decided I like it. It's not ugly - if anything regular macros are far worse. It's just different, and different = ugly to most people. You see the same in just about any product design.

I guess it must just be the rubber that really bothers people seeing as the macro can be changed. Similar happened when dye started doing it but not to the same extent. Then again they had less rubber. A solution for them has been coloured rubber options some of which are sechs (tan grips on black = yum.) Me I don't mind the rubber, but it does look good in ninja. Or this...

Last edited by vijil; 02-28-2013 at 04:04 AM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Insider
    Somebody needs to give me my wirelessly powered (infinitely efficient), full electric railgun driven (perfectly consistant and quiet) marker that is much lighter than current setups (no battery or air tank at all). I'll have one of those, if you guys could all work on that it'd be just neat. Cheers!

Jack I am assuming that you can run the ego lv1 with normal air fittings and pops right? Is that why you designed it that way.

Also I assume the lever valve is designed to open the valve slowly? Thus make the sound signature much softer(basically eliminating the thunder/air rushing to fill the void pop sound)?

Quote Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
    Jack I am assuming that you can run the ego lv1 with normal air fittings and pops right? Is that why you designed it that way.

Also I assume the lever valve is designed to open the valve slowly? Thus make the sound signature much softer(basically eliminating the thunder/air rushing to fill the void pop sound)?
    Jack said it can be used with a normal bottomline/macroline setup on MCB, after saying MCB had turned into PbN.

So if the air couldn't be done internally, the air line would have looked a lot better if it had followed the trigger guard up to the body, and into the rubber where the it could go back down to where the input is currently at.

Yep. I hated the look of it at first, then it grew on me once the tech specs were available and I could see WHY it was like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
    Yep. I hated the look of it at first, then it grew on me once the tech specs were available and I could see WHY it was like that.
    I really think this was their mistake. By not showing that it was beefy up front because of an increased valve chamber and internal LPR, people just saw beef and had a fit.