Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll admit it, I was disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    You with Andy and Thin Air Sports or something?
    Yep, I'm the other half of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by L x View Post
    Somebody needs to give me my wirelessly powered (infinitely efficient), full electric railgun driven (perfectly consistant and quiet) marker that is much lighter than current setups (no battery or air tank at all). I'll have one of those, if you guys could all work on that it'd be just neat. Cheers!
    Who told you about our next project? Damn!

Insider
    My initial reaction to the air line is that at first glance it looks like an afterthought, or an incomplete execution. The rubber doesn't bother me one bit, less surface to get scratched and better grip & control is a good idea.

I still don't like the air line, but then again, I'm not in the market for anything released since around 2003...

Jack, I think most people feel will differently after they get to handle the gun a bit. It feels great in the hands. The new lever system is a fantastic idea. I would love to find time to get out and shoot it and see if it works as well as I think it might.

Quote Originally Posted by bronc View Post
    Yep, I'm the other half of the company.
    Seeing your location makes that make more sense.

Now if only I could remember the rest of that conversation with Spitlebug...

"I think a mistake was releasing the Vanquish in a gloss color, especially red."
    Thank god we did an orange instead

Insider
    What, no love for our kit there Dirtybird? I know we had to wipe your fingerprints (and a bit of drool?) off of it a few times.

I think the LV1 needs to be held to be loved, it was kind of a butterface, but in hand... love it. With ours and now the Cyborg that makes 3 stacked tube guns with a gripable front face, and I think that will be the trend in the future. The internals I would have changed a few things, and from a design perspective it looks like a sewing machine, which is the opposite direction we took. But I thought it was the only really interesting drivetrain there, and I was very impressed. The most out of the box change to all the poppets done so far in paintball. Short of the ZAP and ICD guns, nobody has done much different. That was brilliant. I think a less busy body might have complimented the grip and related more. Some straight lines to work with the airline angles or similar?

The Vanquish was a blast to tear apart. The drivetrain... I didn't even pay attention. The gun that housed it was a design dream, so much there that you can't see. So much smart. The best shocker ever! Joking. Actually, just the smartest platform I have seen for a gun ever. Wish the drivetrain could have been a Simon original. Quite a few things we were looking at doing and decided we couldn't at this time. That was a fun gun to tear apart. I would buy it just for that.

Bob ran me through the valve of his gun - it was really clever, in both how it cycled and how he got around the dye patent. I don't know how many of you saw that, but the action is meant to be very fast closing, and was quite a trick. Interesting.

Plenty of love Josh! I'm looking forward to putting some paint through it.

Hey Josh,

Is the DW barrel going to come with the marker?

If so,

is Colin onboard with you guys?

Insider
    For the Top Shelf version, the DW barrel is the plan. Colin is totally on board. And with the gun being so light, they are a great match.

I was more asking if he was in any way part of the company.... sorry for the misscommunication.