Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: TOP Secret. Prototypes...

  1. #21
    hey simon, any motion on the cyclops? i just picked up a Hero3+ to replace my aging HD, and though the headstrap works, i was curious if there was a better (lower profile, more secure) way i could mount it to my E-flex, preferably without making any permanent modifications to the mask, i know you designed that frame, so you should still have the CAD for the venting on top.. any chance of whipping something up?

    Tracker

  2. #22
    I already did and machined them, but the reality is the liability of putting things on the goggles which increases the chances of them getting snagged, or adding weight which may make them fall off means it's just too risky a product for me to put out right now.

  3. #23
    hmm.. bummer, what about making something that would work with a standard 3D printer, you could release the file opensource, that should releases you from any liability, your probably more well versed in it than i, but pretty sure everything released open source is "make at your own risk"

    i would happily "test" one for you for the time being

    Tracker

  4. #24
    Insider
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Surrey BC
    Posts
    4
    I am not sure if anyone else uses the replay xd1080 camera system (R7) but i would love to see a barrel mount made for it. I have some rough ideas in my head but i lack the equipment to product them at this point in time. I would love to see a figure 8 style barrel mount that can be adjusted for barrel diameter.

  5. #25
    I have had a few people ask for something similar. The best option would be another pieces that attaches to my current barrel mount and wraps around the R7 camera. Problem is the full set up would end up being expensive. Pretty much twice what is is currently, and the numbers just don't seem to justify the cost and work of doing it.

  6. #26
    Insider
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    173
    I wonder if the top part of this would mate with Simons barrel mount. Would make it bit higher though.

    http://replayxd.com/product/tilt-mount-kit/

    Edit. Then there's this. http://www.shapeways.com/model/14526...ount-beta.html
    Last edited by Laku; 05-05-2014 at 01:16 PM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    I wonder if the top part of this would mate with Simons barrel mount. Would make it bit higher though.

    http://replayxd.com/product/tilt-mount-kit/

    Edit. Then there's this. http://www.shapeways.com/model/14526...ount-beta.html
    Awesome links. Looks like you could just use the very top pieces from the angled system in the first link and mount it to my barrel mount...

    The second one looks like it was designed to do the exact job.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Awesome links. Looks like you could just use the very top pieces from the angled system in the first link and mount it to my barrel mount...

    The second one looks like it was designed to do the exact job.
    I realize this has not been discussed for a few months but the tilt mount that comes with the replay camera will not fit in to the standard gopro mount. The replay mounting tabs though very similar are too wide to fit.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by FLounder View Post
    I realize this has not been discussed for a few months but the tilt mount that comes with the replay camera will not fit in to the standard gopro mount. The replay mounting tabs though very similar are too wide to fit.
    Correct. We have found the answer to make our mounts work with the Tilt mount is to simply remove the middle rib from our mount and use a 0.75" 10-32 screw.

  10. #30
    Well then It seems I need to order one of your mounts at last!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •