Thread: Q's about the Resurrection

Question Q's about the Resurrection

No luck in the other part of the forum so I'm reposting this here...

1)Does the new Empire Resurrection use the same WGP specs has the Sniper? I know the Sniper would cock too early in its pump stroke.

2)Do you have the weight of the gun without a barrel?

3)It looks like it uses a flattened timing rod, so is the trigger plate slotted or does the timing rod fit the hole?

Thanks guys!

PS: I cannot edit/delete my original post either.

after talking to simon at PBE there is a lot of detail taken in the slider aspect of the gun. I'll let him fill you in as tuesday night is mostly a blur after leaving the CC.

Insider
    1)Does the new Empire Resurrection use the same WGP specs has the Sniper? I know the Sniper would cock too early in its pump stroke.
    I felt that over, and it cocked right at the point the bolt met the end of the breech, which is about perfect in my opinion. Just right to load a ball and stick cock.

Weight was a bit lighter then a normal cocker, more then, say, a Hybrid cocker.

3)It looks like it uses a flattened timing rod, so is the trigger plate slotted or does the timing rod fit the hole?
    Looked like a lightly flattend rod in a slightly slotted hole, but I really wasn't paying attention. The one part I paying attention to was there was a allen head on the front of the 3-way for timing. And the slot in the setup - it looked like a 2 part linkage, not a 3 part, like the old one was. The guys in there didn't know for sure though...?

Also on a dry shot the hammer hit the valve with a bit of a 'Ping' - but the valve spring and hammer spring felt well placed and the right pressure. The hammer did not hold the valve open, the valve spring was heavy enough. With a decent sweetspot job the hammer spring could have been lightened just from my feel dynamics.

It felt solid and is better sprung and with a better feel then most cockers were, the only issue to me was the dry fire 'ping'... but the velocity adjuster was also in about 1/4"

When you are talking about an allen head in front of the 3way do you mean it's adjustable like an Orracle 3way? I missed that when looking at the pictures.

I'm also very happy they fixed the cocking point on this hammer. I know some people don't think it would do much of anything but I can notice the difference.

Insider
    When you are talking about an allen head in front of the 3way do you mean it's adjustable like an Orracle 3way?
    Yep. Nice and clean on there, had to be looking for it.

It was a very solid feeling cocker, did the history of the gun proud. After years of doing cockers up, this one felt really good stock.

Insider
    BTW, not sure if answered. Would an e-grip fit?

If I remember right, the holes don't quite line up for a standard grip frame, at least on the sniper. Or something like that.

An egrip won't fit directly, but if you drill a new hole it will fit, Docfire has a picture showing how the holes line up, but can't seem to find it.