Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breathalyzer for smartphone:

Insider

Breathalyzer for smartphone:

http://www.breathometer.com/

Looks brilliant. And the $500 buy in would be kinda awesome...

Meant to comment it might be time for some cool paintball related stuff. BPS and Radar?

That does seem like a very cool product. I wonder how accurate they are?

Insider
    They said there are as accurate as any personal product on the market - So I think it will be close enough for guesswork.

Radar unit next, oh maker of paintball gear? You or I might have to do it now that we are free and making gear now.

A Radar unit would be awesome. Strap it under the barrel and have it send signals to your gun or phone.

Wish I was an electonics engineer

Insider
    Levi is - and I do have a RP machine for basic bodies... Hmm...

Someone made an ROF app for the iPhone years ago based on sound input from the mic. My buddy and I had the same idea a year prior to when that app came out, but I don't know a damn thing about audio programming and wasn't too interested in trying to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You could probably teach yourself enough to get by.

Insider
    Someone made an ROF app for the iPhone years ago based
    Yep, there are a couple - would like to see a decibel tester also, and a way to post some info, and correlate it. I planned on getting an average paint weight in there also for our shot counts, so maybe put that in there along with a place to put in your tank and pressure readings before and after.

Lots of fun data to setup.

Radar or 'Shooting Chrony' style is the big question.

A setup that can go on a barrel and then plug into a headphone jack with a long cord would be a decent for testing. Or maybe a blue tooth setup? Hmm...

Insider
    I made one already It's an Arduino IR break-beam chrony with a simple serial bluetooth module. Really basic to do, honestly something a beginner could try. It's the reason for this thread last year.

Just dumps data straight to the screen of my Android phone (not so easy with iPhone due to Apple licensing), might make a proper GUI one day. Would be nice to someday integrate it with a few pressure sensors and an X/Y positional paintball impact sensor (1-3 microphones mounted on a hard surface to triangulate impact positions) so that it can automatically test and graph hundreds of shots.

I also tried doing it with several different radar modules, but they require a bunch of supporting circuitry and are honestly not worth the effort. I have also been attempting an ultra-cheap chronograph using a MSP430 with 2 capacitive sensor strips and 6+ charlieplexed LED's as a bar graph. In theory, should run for ages using just a single CR2032 coin cell. The other idea I had was directly connecting a 2 photo-detectors to the audio jack on a phone.
    Last edited by neftaly; 03-15-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Sounds awesome. Got any pictures?

If you get the circuit board design finalized, I'd be willing to work on a casing and we could look to put it into production...

How far will it send that signal? Could you monitor every shot during a game from the side lines?