Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Travelling Simonizer's thread:

Insider
    and what are accommodations like. also, can I crash on someone's floor?
    We are thinking motorhome and a couple extra tents if they allow it. You are more then welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by FLounder View Post
    Wishing I was making this one but work has gotten into the way of my travel plans. I will still be able to make it to OXCC that weekend so it is not a total loss.

Next year!
    I will be at OXCC for the MAPL and NPPL events.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    We are thinking motorhome and a couple extra tents if they allow it. You are more then welcome.
    What does a motorhome cost? I was thinking about doing that for some events.

Insider
    What does a motorhome cost?
    $60k-$120k.

Oh wait, rental... $500+ a weekend. But if you can crash 4-6 people in it for 3 nights it gets to be about the same as 2 hotel rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    $60k-$120k.

Oh wait, rental... $500+ a weekend. But if you can crash 4-6 people in it for 3 nights it gets to be about the same as 2 hotel rooms.
    As much as I would love to own one... having one to crash in at big game events sounds awesome

Insider
    You can get a used 'Bounder' type for far less - and some in the $10k range, less if you are just looking at 2-3 people needing to sleep in it. Or a pull behind if you have something to tow with. I picked up a 30ft Airstream for $4k once. Craigslist is your friend! Since you are close enough to drive to quite a few events it would be worth it. I am considering having a trailer or similar at the Chicago corner of J4 just because of that. We can get to 10+ events a year with a days drive. Worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    As much as I would love to own one... having one to crash in at big game events sounds awesome
    Do they make motorhomes in your size?

Just 'cos you could use a matchbox version....

Now this is something for the big boys to sleep in.

http://charlottesville.craigslist.or...788722608.html

Some day I want one of those and I will travel around the country going to events and hanging out

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Just 'cos you could use a matchbox version....
    Touché