Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: karnivor cocking issues

karnivor cocking issues

So this is a fun one. Bought this Karnivor on the nation that doesn't cock properly. Owner claims it worked when it left his hands, I've already replaced one hose that was busted "from shipping.'

Airing it up, turning eyes off, and dry firing results in the hammer cocking ever other time. On the bolt cycles that it doesn't cock, you can see the back block not moving out as far.

When I turn eyes on and dry fire, it does the same thing. However, when it doesn't cock, you can watch the back block quickly move until a certain point, then it moves slowly beyond that, but fails to cock the hammer.

It doesn't matter my CON time, be it factory fast of 55ms or 100ms, it'll do this.

I have stripped and rebuilt the LPR, and maxed it out. I have tried a full brand new battery(display tells me its full)

One interesting item is that when I upped the HPR to ensure I wasn't starving the LPR, the hose to the ram on the "closed" side blew off. This happened both times I upped the HPR.

Putting it in training mode, once cocked, seems to do full bolt cycles.

If I can't figure this out, I'm just going to MQ it and leave it at that. I'm not sending it back, despite being the smart thing to do. I paid WAY too much to customs to get this damn thing.

Turn up your LPR a little and get new hoses

I've maxed it.

Are u missing that spring that goes under the sear?

No. This is a matter of the ram not extending fully all the time. But I don't know why it would be so inconsistent.

I've had a seal in the ram go bad causing a similar issue. Might be time to take the ram apart or pick up a new one.

put it in the mode where you can hold down the trigger and the back block will stay back, i think its called manual mode.

then pull the trigger and hold it. if its leaking, then you might need a new ram. i love the WGP mp4 ram, but its not rebuild able. on my karni when it started leaking, i didnt want to get a non-matching ram, so i just filled the LPR hoses going into the ram with oil, and then shot it a bunch, then kept doing that. it sprays oil all over the place, but it did stop it leaking. hahaha

Insider
    I second the ram going dead - a scratch in the internals can let in some back pressure or vent the cycle air. But the every other time has me thinking...

Look at blockage or issues with the LPR supply. The stock LPR (which is the tiny little one) doesn't have enough volume for some rams. So with a blocked supply to the LPR you would get that, and then the other shot would be full. NOT a fan of the smaller LPRs that came stock on those. If you can, try a larger volume LPR.

Also the supply reg might be crap. Some can get full velocity one shot, low the next. What it could be doing is not supplying enough pressure to recock.

So far every cocker I have seen that was shipped 'running' (including a Sniper) wasn't. Cockers seem to be sold mostly when they can't be figured out.

Okay - go from there - and let us know what you find when you do please!

Before I get started, what does "rebuildable" mean for rams? can't be taken apart? or the ram shaft can't be removed from the mount?

Anyways..

So, I took the ram apart, and as it turns out, the bore looks kind of bad.

I wiped the grease off the oring and the bore of the ram, then put some sleek on the oring... moved it a couple times. Took the piston out of the bore again, relubed it, did that again. Then put some oil into it. Stuck the piston into the bore, put some oil onto the other side, closed er up and actuated the ram with my hand multiple times. oil went everywhere and now my room reeks lol.

Did that a couple times and then realized I was late for class, so I didn't get to send air to it yet.

I think I may have fixed it... Granted I ran out of air before I could really check, but through replacing the LPR, ram, HPR etc, I think replacing the LPR barb and hose seems to have fixed it.

I'll be able to tell for sure tomorrow!